PDA

View Full Version : ISOSPEED Baseline Control

charlievt9
09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Hey guys what do you think of this string ? any good ? Worth buying it ?

EC230
09-17-2008, 10:24 PM
I used this string for about 9 straight months in my POGs and for the price they Baseline Control is relatively good. The thing I like most about them is that they hold tension well as a poly. Spin-wise, they offer about the same amount of bite as other higher end polys. Power is comparable as well. The only drawback is that there are other polys that offer a softer feel and string bed.

EC230

2nd_Serve
09-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Get it. Great string. Especially for it's price.

Bud
09-18-2008, 04:52 AM
Get it. Great string. Especially for it's price.

I agree......

blackfrido
09-18-2008, 06:10 AM
I agree......

Bud,

I believe you string with Isospeed Baseline with Dynamite crosses, could you please tell me your impressions?

I like most of the Ashaway products but for some reasons (not many) don't use them as my main strings.
>I really love Dynamite, incredible pocketing, superb fell but they move a lot. This is very annoying.
>I love Crossfire but they are too demanding in my arm. The positive side is the unbelievable control and the spin you can generate at low tension.
>The synthetic gut also is a very good string.

Bud
10-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Bud,

I believe you string with Isospeed Baseline with Dynamite crosses, could you please tell me your impressions?

I like most of the Ashaway products but for some reasons (not many) don't use them as my main strings.
>I really love Dynamite, incredible pocketing, superb fell but they move a lot. This is very annoying.
>I love Crossfire but they are too demanding in my arm. The positive side is the unbelievable control and the spin you can generate at low tension.
>The synthetic gut also is a very good string.

Currently, I'm stringing with natural gut (or a soft multi like RIP Control) mains (50#) and Isospeed Baseline Spin crosses (45#).

I really like the Isospeed poly... it's on the softer side and seems to hold tension well.

I'm going to try a full Isospeed poly job for kicks and giggles. It should be interesting in a PK Kinetic Pro 5G.

lazyeenviet
10-19-2008, 09:55 PM
ive been using isospeed spin 17g for about 2 weeks now and i love it.
i strung it on my k90 at 62 and it feels great.
i get good spin and depth wen i hit.
i guess the only thing i could hate about it is that its not that stiff xD
bc im mainly used to alu roughs,phts,red codes, but for soft poly i highly recomend it.

also tomorrow im going to try out my isospeed 17g/gosen poly at 60 on my ag300 tomorrow. wish me luck xD

TennisandMusic
10-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Anyone willing to send me 20 feet of this stuff if I gave them 5 bucks? I would really like to try one of the thinner gauges.