PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with hand blisters

da233
09-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I've been having blister issues lately and was wondering what was a good way to treat them. They've been forming on my middle finger knuckle. The thing is, I play almost daily and I can't really wait for them to heal, so I was wondering what would be the best way to treat it and ease the pain, perhaps some kind of tape I could put over it?

phucng_10
09-22-2008, 11:56 PM
I got a blister on Friday because of not gripping the racquet correctly thus having the friction twist the racquet in my hand. Anyways, I just stop playing for awhile to get my blister healed or wrap my finger with athletic tape. Usually it's a long band-aid that can be wrapped around my finger so I can still play.

It just really sucks when I'm wanting to play tennis so much, I go out and play and a blister starts to form because of not holding the racquet correctly which definitely sucks ***.

Hot Sauce
09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Someone's been fapping.

princemidplus
10-06-2008, 12:50 PM
usually from gripping the handle too hard and the racquet twisting in your hadn on impact. relax your grip and improve your timing to eliminate problem. Maybe also get a soft overgrip/replacement grip that is less harsh on your hand.

Your would need rest to heal them. Make sure they do not get infected if they burst as your racquet handle is probably a good bacteria growth region.

NotAtTheNet
10-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I was the same as you, I was using very soft grips instead of tacky ones to temporarily alleviate the blisters. I found that I could use a smaller grip size and that I didn't have to grip so hard. Also you just have to deal and wait till the callouses build up. Sorry man, but it gets better.

Ignorant Genius
10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I've been having blister issues lately and was wondering what was a good way to treat them. They've been forming on my middle finger knuckle. The thing is, I play almost daily and I can't really wait for them to heal, so I was wondering what would be the best way to treat it and ease the pain, perhaps some kind of tape I could put over it?

1. Put some antibiotic ointment on the blister. Keeps risk of infection down and helps lubricate the injured area while you play which reduces friction.

2. Get some athletic pre-wrap. I've had trouble finding it locally, but Play it Again Sports carries it. It's something like $2.50 per roll. Cut the pre-wrap so that it fits over the blister without impeding your grip. Put a couple of layers on.

3. Get some standard white athletic tape and apply over the pre-wrap. Should last you through at least one match.

Other alternative would be to get some mesh, stretchy bandaids. They probably wouldn't last an entire match, or even a set, but you can easily put on a new one during a change over.