PDA

View Full Version : is gosen supposed to be doing this?!?

tennisfreak15347
09-18-2008, 04:52 PM
So far for my three gosen stringjobs of the generic gosen reel, ( Gosen OG Micro reel) I found out that it lost tension very fast, and i had to re-string once every three hours. is this supposed to happen, because I plan on using it to hybrid it with SPPP/ gosen, PRC/gosen, and Alu Fluoro/gosen.

*edit* are there any other good synthetic guts for full setups and/or poly hybrids?

Stan
09-18-2008, 04:55 PM
You get what you pay for...

aussie
09-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Well, all strings lose tension but the need to restring after 3 hours? No, something is amiss.

protege
09-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Well, all strings lose tension but the need to restring after 3 hours? No, something is amiss.

I've been tracking the tension loss of Bab Superfine Play 17 on my K90 which was freshly strung just last Sunday afternoon @ 56lbs.

Here's what I've observed so far. Please note that I haven't used the racket since it's been strung. It's part of my set-up experiments :twisted:

Time Elapsed (hours) vs Tension Lost (lbs)
1 - 0.14
24 - 3.94
48 - 4.60
72 - 5.16
96 - 5.97

The program I used is Marc Röttig's Freqmess available here: http://marc.roettig.org/tennis/freqmess.php

The discussion @ TW is here: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=28657

You can use it to track the tension loss and the accuracy of a string job. :D

protege
09-18-2008, 05:15 PM
...I plan on using it to hybrid it with SPPP/ gosen, PRC/gosen, and Alu Fluoro/gosen.

*edit* are there any other good synthetic guts for full setups and/or poly hybrids?

I've read (ha, that word again) that Forten Sweet makes for a very good cross for polys.

dowjones
09-22-2008, 07:50 PM
I string a full OG Sheep @ 67 on my Fischer Pro 1 Impact (102) and let it sit for 24 hours before playing. After 15 minutes of warm up it's right where I want it. I agree with you that it loses its feel (for me at the 5 hour mark) and I its not the same as when fresh. I swear you can start to hear it go clunk! :shock:

DJ

XxduckxX
09-22-2008, 09:33 PM
The sound changes so fast and it feels like im forcing the ball to move with a butter fly net. The lower the tension i had on this racquet the fast the tension loss was for soem reason. It truely does die before it breaks