PDA

View Full Version : If you like poly & don't want to change strings all the time..what other options?

Power Player
09-18-2008, 05:41 PM
I have been reading here that my TiMO will go dead after 20 hours of play. That's about 2-3 weeks for me max. Now I do have it on the mains only, I do not know if that makes a difference or not.

I want a lot of control, and I get it with the TiMO/Gosen combo. The Gosen seems to work quite well on the crosses.

I guess Polys just do not last that long if you hit it hard. I'd love to find something that has real nice control and doesn't cost that much...maybe all Gosen? :-?

tennisfreak15347
09-18-2008, 05:57 PM
for some reason, people dont use this too much, but you should try Klip Armor Pro. It's a natural gut with a heavy synthetic coating to make it act like a poly string, but with the best of polys and gut. Low powered string.

bsandy
09-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Look into Prince synthic Gut with Duraflex 18.

. . . Bud

ag200boy
09-18-2008, 06:28 PM
try pro supex big ace 17g, i found that it plays well till it breaks

Power Player
09-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys..so far the Klip armor sounds great, but very expensive. Double the price of the TiMO!

The Prince synthetic gut will probably not last me long. I hit hard and with topspin.

I am interested in Pro Supex, but my stringer does not carry that :(

Power Player
09-18-2008, 07:28 PM
WellI read some, reviews on Prince SG, and maybe it will work. I am thinking about that or HEAD Rip Control.

Should I hybrid these strings with the Gosen or just do the whole racquet with them?

Is the Prince more durable then the Head?

The prices are fantastic, and I would like a string that can last longer then the TiMO hyrbid setup I have. I have to say that this setup is great though, but I feel like I can do fine with other strings too.

Also, the 335 is a thin beam...does that matter in making my decision between Head or Prince?

I would most likely string at 58 pounds, and possibly go to 60 if need be.

bad_call
09-18-2008, 08:15 PM
i'd say use the TiMO til it goes dead. if u break strings then those others wont last very long...altho much cheaper.

Power Player
09-19-2008, 07:29 AM
i'd say use the TiMO til it goes dead. if u break strings then those others wont last very long...altho much cheaper.

Yeah good call.I will do that, and in the meantime, hopefully land another 335. I will string that one up with the Prince SG, and compare and contrast.

I also wondered if there was a hybrid I was not considering..something not too expensive that I could put on the mains instead of a gut or poly...I am just trying to save some cash because it gets humid down here in FL, and you can go through strings pretty fast.

DriveABC
09-19-2008, 08:17 PM
get x-1 biphase~~

b0oMeR
09-19-2008, 08:34 PM
get x-1 biphase~~

x-1 biphase is a nice string but its not a poly....

I'd recommend the technifibre red code on both mains and crosses. Its a nice string just use a dampener/rubber band.

Power Player
09-20-2008, 09:13 AM
get x-1 biphase~~

Great call. I am trying to switch from poly, so those could be great as a hybrid with the Gosen OG Micro or Prince SG

If I had them at 58 pounds on the Tfight, how much control do you think I would get?

pow
09-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I've tried Klip Armour Pro, it wasn't as good as I had hoped it to be...
The feel was not quite up to par with Klip Legend to me and the spin was not quite poly-like. It not low-powered like I had originally expected, I came from using full poly thinking I would get more feel while keeping it low on power but instead it trampolined the ball and the feel wasn't clean because it buzzed with vibration and not the same kind of vibration you'd want for feel from something like Klip Legend.
The durability was great though but other than that, I wasn't impressed.