PDA

View Full Version : Which dunlop balls to buy?

bayoozen33
09-18-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm decided I want to buy a case of some good balls instead of buying the Wilson and Penn Championship that don't last, considering the high quality balls don't cost much more. I'm pretty sure I want either Dunlop Grand Prix or Dunlop Abzorber. There is much more talk about the GP but I don't like that they may be hard on the arm, while the Abzorber are more arm friendly. So why do so many people go with the GP and not Abzorber?

aleexxxxx
09-18-2008, 07:48 PM
only hit with grand prix once and they were very solid and they lasted alot longer than the wilson us opens and penns

ODYSSEY Mk.4
09-18-2008, 07:51 PM
agreed grad prixs are the way to go

princemidplus
09-19-2008, 05:07 AM
i use dunlop fort tennis balls and find they last a long time and do not go flat.i usually find they run out of felt before losing pressure. looked at abzorbers other day and didn't like look of felt although that was through the side of the tin.feedback on abzobers welcome

dman72
09-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Dunlop Championship last twice as long as regular Penn's and Wilsons. Grand Prix's even longer, but the felt on Grand Prix really "fuzzes" up for the first set or so. You may not like that. I've been very happy with Dunlop Championship hard court. You can play 2 matches with them and the bounce is still fine. You cannot do that with Wilson or Penn. Wilson US open, yes.

LES
09-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Another vote for Grand Prix. It might feel a little heavy if you've never used them before. I bought a case Wilson US Open recently. They're nice, but I think I'll go back to Dunlop GP

MomentumGT
09-19-2008, 08:57 AM
I like pretty much the whole line of Dunlop balls, mainly the GP's. A buddy of mine is really into the Abzorber and for good reason. We would drill groundies, cross court & down the line, for 3 hours straight. 2 nights later the same Abzorbers were good to go for another drilling session of heavy groundies. IMO I think the GP's are heavier than the Abzorber but still relatively close to one another.

I used to be a die hard Penn CH user but with the last 2 cases I've bought some cans go flat after a extended warm up before playing a set.

-Jon

Serve em Up
09-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I like GP's!

ronalditop
09-19-2008, 04:33 PM
why dont you try penn atp, they are great.

ESP#1
09-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Try the Penn ATP, they last longer than wilson us open and most others and while they might not last as long a the GP's they are significantly softer.

Richie Rich
09-20-2008, 03:57 AM
prefer the grand prix

skyman1700
09-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Where can I buy the Dunlop "Roland Garros" or French Open balls at a low price/ Case Price?