PDA

View Full Version : Leather grip (look please)

DizBoiDanny
09-19-2008, 06:32 PM
I was looking on e b a y. and i found this leather grip. 280034400584, what leather grip is this? and has anyone tried this grip?

psp2
09-19-2008, 06:41 PM
I was looking on e b a y. and i found this leather grip. 280034400584, what leather grip is this? and has anyone tried this grip?

This auction is for one leather grip for tennis rackets, thie grip is new as shown in picture, these are classic leather grips not like the ones found sold by manufacturerers today.. I purchased large stock from tennis shop that had these stored for years.. these are from the wooden rackets, they are green with a gold and red strip in the middle, they are great for the new rackets or if you are restoring the grip on an old wooden classic.

...they will most likely be too short for standard length grips of today.

DizBoiDanny
09-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Yes, i agree, but if you look at the picture he provide. It looks like a standard rackets of today

DizBoiDanny
09-20-2008, 08:40 AM
I got a answer from one of a e b a yer that bought this grip

" the grip covers a 7 1/2 in. long handle -babolat and wilson (made by babolat )have more tack -those grips from the 1970's era are real fine on old wooden rackets -if you use it on a modern racket ,we suggest an overgrip on top -"

meowmix
09-20-2008, 10:09 AM
^I don't use one of those, but I took one off a wooden racket and put it on my current racket. It's about an inch short, and I've barely overlapped the grip.

DizBoiDanny
09-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Meowmix, does it play the same/feel the same as any other grip?

DizBoiDanny
09-20-2008, 01:50 PM
forget it, im going to buy some bablota leather grip.
NEXT TOPIC!
Is all leather grip the same? i mean the feel/play/etc.
i know all the thickness and thinness are different.
I did research and couldn't find anything

meowmix
09-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Well, I've only used two leather grips- and they're both on my gamma's. The one off the woodie feels very nice. It's very rigid, and very solid. With a tournagrip, bevel feel is amazing. However, I'm getting blisters right now, which means I need a new OG, or I just need to get used to it.

All leather grip is not the same. Some are more cushy than others, others offer more in bevel feel.