PDA

View Full Version : tension of natural gut?

Mbautista
09-19-2008, 11:45 PM
I usually string my racquet @ 55lbs with syn gut or multifilament. would I have any problems string babolat vs with the same tension? is it recommended to go higher or lower.

Keifers
09-20-2008, 12:07 AM
I asked this question just the other day of a local tennis shop owner (reputable and knowledgeable guy).

He said that if I was coming from a multi such as NXT, he would recommend stringing Bab VS at the same tension -- and with no pre-stretch.

Mbautista
09-20-2008, 12:11 AM
thanks a lot, now I have to find out if it varies with different natural guts. I'm looking to try my first full natural gut setup with klip legend or pacific classic.

Keifers
09-20-2008, 12:13 AM
No problemo. Good luck.

P.S. I would definitely recommend against pre-stretching Legend -- it's a firm-feeling / stiff nat gut.

superstition
09-20-2008, 01:28 AM
it's a firm-feeling / stiff nat gut.
Why? Harder or thicker synthetic coating?

Richie Rich
09-20-2008, 04:52 AM
if you are already using multi's use same tension and see how you like it.

tennisfreak15347
09-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Why? Harder or thicker synthetic coating?

klip has a heavier coating compared to VS. theyre both first grade natural gut, though, but thats why klip legend is stiffer/more durable/less powered compared to VS. Also, to an extreme measure, that's what Klip's Armor Pro is; a heavily coated natural gut to make it act more like a poly with the benifits of natural gut.