PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of Gosen OG Micro 16

Chris Dono
09-20-2008, 08:14 AM
What do you think these play like? decent string to buy?

tennisfreak15347
09-20-2008, 08:23 AM
IMO, I'd call this a "practice string". After three hours of play, it's already garbage to me as it's lost too much tension and looks like it might break. However, I can re-string every-day as i have my own stringing machine, so I dont mind AS much. However, I'd stick with PSGD, as it's what I'm looking for.

*edit* i used the Gosen OG Micro reel. not sure if the Gosen OG Sheep plays any different, but I think it would.

x-height
09-20-2008, 08:25 AM
I recently strung these up (have it paired with Gosen Polylon SP 17 mains in a hybrid setup) and I'm extremely pleased. "Smooth" is how I would describe it, good amount of pop, and the strings don't move at all (for my setup anyway). 30 bucks for a 660' reel is pretty awesome too.

x-height
09-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Oh, and before anyone asks, I ordered the "generic" reel and I indeed got the "Sheep" version. There was a thread where someone actually contacted Gosen about the differences and there was mention that the unmarked version will no longer be produced and everything will be the "Sheep" version moving forward if I remember correctly.

tennisfreak15347
09-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Oh, and before anyone asks, I ordered the "generic" reel and I indeed got the "Sheep" version. There was a thread where someone actually contacted Gosen about the differences and there was mention that the unmarked version will no longer be produced and everything will be the "Sheep" version moving forward if I remember correctly.

the un-marked version would be the one printed "Japan 16," correct? If it is, then I've gotten the short end of the stick :(:evil::|:cry:

*edit* I just called Gosen five minute ago,and they confirmd that the Gosen generic reel is now Gosen OG sheep micro, atleast sold on TW.

Chris Dono
09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
i guess ill stay clear of this string then

baek57
09-21-2008, 09:06 PM
nothing wrong with it if you're into synthetics. they all play the same to me anyway.

dowjones
09-22-2008, 07:36 PM
I agree with tennisfreak...if you string your own and don't mind stringing every 5 hours or so, Gosen OG Sheep Micro is a good string. I use the 17g.

DJ

bluescreen
09-22-2008, 08:26 PM
i use the 17 gauge in love it. a lot of people complain that it dies too quickly, but i dont notice that. in full jobs maybe it goes a little faster, but i think its a perfect cross string.

maui boy
09-22-2008, 11:34 PM
How do you tell the difference between the generic "OG Micro" and the better "OG Sheep Micro"??

The "OG Micro" has no printing on the string?