PDA

View Full Version : how would this natural gut hybrid compare?

Mbautista
09-20-2008, 10:32 AM
babo vs gut in the mains/babo tonic+ in crosses

would I be losing anything over a full job?

Djokovicfan4life
09-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Why would you want a hybrid like that? Two strings that are basically the same except for a small difference in quality? Just go full VS if you like natural gut.

tennisfreak15347
09-20-2008, 02:02 PM
thats actually not a bad idea; you would be cutting natural gut funds by 25%. I dont think there would be a difference either

roger nadal
09-20-2008, 02:06 PM
the vs is vry durable tonic also soaks up moisture wich makes it bad to play with after a while i use babolat pht and vs

tennisfreak15347
09-20-2008, 02:10 PM
the vs is vry durable tonic also soaks up moisture wich makes it bad to play with after a while i use babolat pht and vs

how can this be? VS and Tonic is the exact same thing.... the only difference is that Tonic is inferior VS gut.

TonyB
09-20-2008, 02:13 PM
how can this be? VS and Tonic is the exact same thing.... the only difference is that Tonic is inferior VS gut.

How can it be? Because the poster has no idea what he's talking about, that's how.

I hate all these armchair stringing experts that haven't even played with the strings they talk about.

BTW, I wouldn't call Tonic+ "inferior". It's just not held to the same gauging constraints, that's all. It's a bit thicker and can vary a few hundredths of a millimeter along its length. Big deal. Unless you're a touring pro, that difference isn't even noticeable... and even if you WERE a touring pro, I doubt you could tell the difference.