PDA

View Full Version : Cytomax vs. Accelerade

Pr0DiGy
09-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Looking for guys that have tried BOTH, and can give me a direct comparison. Which one have you felt did a better job with recovery? Hydration? Energy?

Some background information on your athletics would be nice too.

I'm 17, run XC in the fall, sprint in the winter and spring, around 5'10", 140 lbs.

Thanks in advance =D

xtremerunnerars
09-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Well, it's not really a fair race. They're both "sports drinks" in the market, but they do kinda different things.

I've tried both. Accelerade orange and one other flavor, while i tried cytomax orange and fruit punch.

Accelerade has protein while cytomax does not, so as far as recovery goes you'll be better with accelerade. Both do a good job of keeping you hydrated, and cytomax tastes better.

I ran XC when I tried both (~45-55 miles per week) and I could've done just as well with a good diet and drinking water instead. Unless you're killing yourself with huge 10+ mile runs or epic bike rides, I don't quite think you need to get either drink.

There are some serious bike riders here (chess9 esp.) who will be sure to chime in at some point

Are you experiencing cramps?

Pr0DiGy
09-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...I'm looking for whichever one will best suit my needs, as a high school sophmore with a really hectic schedule. I really can't afford to be tired at all, especially after I get home late after a long practice, and start my homework at around 8, 9 after practicing two instruments and eating dinner.

Other than that, I sweat a lot. Idk why, I just do. I'm not overweight, I'm actually pretty skinny, but I sweat a ridiculous amount. If I were to run with my shirt on, I'd have a sweat line down to the bottom of the shirt by the 4th or 5th mile.

I also get cramps once in a while, but I can manage to run through them pretty well. I also get some tightness and lactic acid buildup in my quads once in a while.

Otherwise, not anything special about me as a runner, but I do switch over to sprinting when it's winter and spring.