PDA

View Full Version : Gookinade

Kenny022593
09-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Does anyone know what this is my english teacher said it was the "BEST" sports drink "EVER"

xtremerunnerars
09-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Yes. It's a lesser known, purist form of what people expect out of and think they're getting with gatorade. It doesn't have most of the crap that gatorade, powerade, etc have (HFCS being one of em)

The taste is a little lacking and I wasn't a huge fan of it as a sports drink but that's because it isn't really a heavy duty recovery.

There are some serious bike riders here (chess9 esp.) who will be sure to chime in at some point

TonyB
09-21-2008, 05:58 AM
There's a Vietnamese joke in there somewhere.

:(

dcottrill
09-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Now called Vitalyte. I have no personal experience with it, but it gets great reviews.

http://www.vitalyte.com/

HappyAndFriendlyAlways
09-21-2008, 01:13 PM
There's a Vietnamese joke in there somewhere.

:(

you are a bad bad boy

HappyAndFriendlyAlways
09-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know what this is my english teacher said it was the "BEST" sports drink "EVER"

This is the perfect sports drink

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=202062

Taylor Dent: Thanks James. What I'm doing right now is drinking a lot of fluids, I bought some Pedialyte from the pharmacy over here. I was pretty ill the other day and I could have kept playing in my match but I really just wanted to be recovered for the Aussie Open. That's what we're here for.

Serious endurance athletes will not be surprised to read that Pedialyte, a liquid whose ostensible purpose is the rapid rehydration of diarrhea-stricken babies, is the preferred beverage of many professional athletes and die-hard triathletes. As the New York Times reports, long-distance runners started exploiting the powers of the neon-tinted concoction of sodium, potassium and glucose back in the 1980s. Now, the paper tells us, from the beverage cart on the Anaheim Ducks’ team flights during the 2007 Stanley Cup playoffs to the training camps of the National Football League, Pedialyte has found its place in the kit bag of professional athletes.

Tom Glavine, and NFL people everywhere swear by its re-hydrating powers.

FuriousYellow
09-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I've been using Hydralyte(Gookinaid) for the last four years.

I switched to it when I used to run long distance because Gatorade, Powerade, Accelerade all upset my stomach when it got empty because of the higher sugar.

I'm not sure it matters that much for tennis because I don't drink as much, but I like the taste, especially the citrus flavor. It's light and has just enough tart without the overpowering sweet, fruit flavor of the other brands.

colababy
09-26-2008, 07:45 PM
I've heard good things about vitalyte (aka gookinaid). I currently drink Gu2O since it's easier to find places that sell that. Gatorade is way too sweet for me.

Raphael
09-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Gookinaid is the best sports drink I have ever, EVER used. Its a pity that it is so little known, because it is so effective without being sweet like all the other brands AND it tastes great!

xtremerunnerars
09-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Gookinaid is the best sports drink I have ever, EVER used. Its a pity that it is so little known, because it is so effective without being sweet like all the other brands AND it tastes great!

the only problem is that if everyone hears about it, they'll change the formula and sell out like gatorade.

Raphael
09-28-2008, 12:31 AM
the only problem is that if everyone hears about it, they'll change the formula and sell out like gatorade.

Good point.

Ok, this stuff is terrible! Don't ever buy it! :P

Il Mostro
09-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Also check out Ultima Replenisher which has a strong following among competitive runners. Very high quality list of ingredients. Not inexpensive, but the best I have found.