PDA

View Full Version : Pro RED Code vs Kirschbaum Proline 2 vs Babolat Pro Hurr Tour 17 G ?

Fedace
09-21-2008, 06:47 AM
I ask the Experts of TW forum once again, the most knowledgeble crowd in the World, of course. How does Pro Hurr tour 17 G and Kirschbaum Proline 2 17 G compare to Tech Pro RED code 17 or 18G in Power, Spin and Control ? Thank you.:)

Fedace
09-21-2008, 09:49 AM
No opinions ???

bchamaki
09-21-2008, 12:21 PM
KIIIRRSSSHHHBBBAAUUUMMM!!!

prohurricane for hybrids

bumblebee
09-21-2008, 12:32 PM
idk about hurricanes, but red code vs kirschbaum i do know
if ur looking for a very stiff spinny setup, go wit the kirsch, but i, personally, hated it. RED CODE was a great buy for me. it had great blend of power, control, and spin. good feel, and jst the best poly ever(xept for lux).

Fedace
09-21-2008, 12:51 PM
KIIIRRSSSHHHBBBAAUUUMMM!!!

prohurricane for hybrids

Sorry i forgot to mention it. I am using the Hybrid setup. These string in combination with Yonex Supertour 850 Pro or X-biphase. thanks

Fedace
09-21-2008, 12:51 PM
idk about hurricanes, but red code vs kirschbaum i do know
if ur looking for a very stiff spinny setup, go wit the kirsch, but i, personally, hated it. RED CODE was a great buy for me. it had great blend of power, control, and spin. good feel, and jst the best poly ever(xept for lux).

You think REDcode is better than Kirschbaum ? is also true for hybrids. ?

Mdubb23
09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
First of all, if you are using a hybrid with anyone of these three as your mains, you should use 16 gauge (unless you are ridiculously rich :)

I believe many people buy Pro Hurricane Tour because it is made by Babolat, which is considered the innovator in strings, which is true. Babolat's natural guts are the best available, however I absolutely hate their Pro Hurricane Tour. It is too stiff, has limited spin capabilities, and loses tension extremely quickly.

On the other hand, both Tecnifibre Pro Red Code, and Kirschbaum Pro Line II are fantastic! I would use Pro Red Code in a hybrid, because it is slightly stiffer than Pro Line however, Pro Line is a fantastic full-bed string because of its soft feel.

My advice would be the Pro Red Code. Hope this helps

Fedace
09-21-2008, 06:18 PM
^^Thanks. but about spin of pHT, i thought you could get more spin out of pro hurr tour than the Proline. i have hit with both. but i did think Proline was softer and had more power. do you agree ?

Mdubb23
09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes, Proline is definitely softer and more powerful. About the spin of Pht vs. Red code, I am really sorry, I shouldn't have said anything--I just realized I tried the Pht in 16g and the Red Code in 17, so of course the Pro Hurricane Tour is going to feel more dead--again sorry about that. I'll try both in 17, and keep you posted. (no pun intended :) )

jcstennis
09-21-2008, 06:44 PM
what racquet(s) you putting this string or set up in?

i use to set up my n6.195s with PHTm's and X1 x's... a nice blend, but tension loss was quick, but it played ok once that happened, softer and better power.

Fedace
09-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Yes, Proline is definitely softer and more powerful. About the spin of Pht vs. Red code, I am really sorry, I shouldn't have said anything--I just realized I tried the Pht in 16g and the Red Code in 17, so of course the Pro Hurricane Tour is going to feel more dead--again sorry about that. I'll try both in 17, and keep you posted. (no pun intended :) )

I am actually going to try the 18 G RED code and 17 G Pro Hurr tour. at this gauge, do you think Red code will actually feel more lively and spinny ?? at the same 17 gauge, i think PHT gives you more spin, one of the TW staff has told me this. thanks.

Fedace
09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
what racquet(s) you putting this string or set up in?

i use to set up my n6.195s with PHTm's and X1 x's... a nice blend, but tension loss was quick, but it played ok once that happened, softer and better power.

i use Yonex RQIS tour-1 and Tour-2 for doubles. thanks. i tried the PHT and X-1 setup before and it felt Great on the 1st hour or so but after that it started to go dead, and once the 5-6 hour mark passed, the tension loss was great and it really became diff to control.

Mdubb23
09-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Yes, that would make a lot of sense, just know that the 18g Red Code isn't ridiculously thin like some other 18g strings (1.20 mm, while some are 1.15) but it would definitely improve the livelyness and spin capabilities, just be mindful that no matter how thin you slice it (I am the king of awful puns) it is still a poly string and will never give you the liveliness that a multi or premium synthetic would

b0oMeR
09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
The red code is probably the best of those polys. I don't know why but I hate the pro hurricane. It feels very dead to me. The ball feels like its just sliding down the strings when I use it. However when i tried it, I tihnk it was more the racquet i didn't like as opposed to the strings, will try the strings again soon. (Strings were on microgel Prestige Pro)

Dwhit
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
It's been a while since i used Pro Red Code, but i've just had my racket strung with Kirschbaum Proline 2 17g and it's awful! My coach recommended it as I had been using Pro Hurricane Tour and he thought the 2 were similar, but the Proline 2 had no feel what so ever. Only positive was it's creation of power. Pro Hurricane tour all the way in comparison with Kirschbaum!!

Fedace
09-22-2008, 03:17 PM
The red code is probably the best of those polys. I don't know why but I hate the pro hurricane. It feels very dead to me. The ball feels like its just sliding down the strings when I use it. However when i tried it, I tihnk it was more the racquet i didn't like as opposed to the strings, will try the strings again soon. (Strings were on microgel Prestige Pro)

Most people say the Red code feels more dead than the Pro hurricane. so this is just the opposite of what i heard. i am a little confused.:confused:

Fedace
09-22-2008, 03:19 PM
It's been a while since i used Pro Red Code, but i've just had my racket strung with Kirschbaum Proline 2 17g and it's awful! My coach recommended it as I had been using Pro Hurricane Tour and he thought the 2 were similar, but the Proline 2 had no feel what so ever. Only positive was it's creation of power. Pro Hurricane tour all the way in comparison with Kirschbaum!!

Proline 2 has pretty good pop, but i felt like i get more spin with PHT. not sure how redcode is in this regard ??? there seem to be widely varying opinion on REDcode. some feel that it has very good feel and some say it is like a board with no feel ?? can't be worse than the Blue gear though. that was the worst feel string i have ever tried.

bchamaki
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I have 3 reels of hurricane and 4 of proline. Ive strung about 2 hundred rackets with these strings and I can definatly say that kirshbaum is the better of the two. To who ever it was that said proline is stiff has no idea what they're talking about.

Since you want to string with a hybrid on yonex, I definatly think proline on the mains or crosses, is the way to go.

bchamaki
09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
hurricane is very stiff, great for hybrids on babolat racket's, on other rackets go with PROLINE!

Fedace
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
I have 3 reels of hurricane and 4 of proline. Ive strung about 2 hundred rackets with these strings and I can definatly say that kirshbaum is the better of the two. To who ever it was that said proline is stiff has no idea what they're talking about.

Since you want to string with a hybrid on yonex, I definatly think proline on the mains or crosses, is the way to go.

I tried the Yonex and Proline 2. it was ok at first but it is getting boring, and want to try something else. would you recommend PHT or Pro redcode ? with either X-1 biphase or Yonex. X-1 seem to lose tension faster than yonex, believe it or not.

bumblebee
09-22-2008, 04:35 PM
redcode is absolutely amazing with x-1 biphase or gut in the crosses. lots of control, power, spin, and feel (as much as a poly hybrid can get...) the redcode seems to handle tension better than proliine

Fedace
09-22-2008, 05:02 PM
redcode is absolutely amazing with x-1 biphase or gut in the crosses. lots of control, power, spin, and feel (as much as a poly hybrid can get...) the redcode seems to handle tension better than proliine

That is GREAT news. since one of the problems were the tension loss with proline/Yonex combo. Yonex plays like gut so it is probably ok with redcode as well as X-1. One thing is i was surprised how fast X-1 loses tension though. it is supposed to be much better than previous TEchnifibre strings for tension loss but it still lost tension pretty quick and became loose. But if you think X-1 works great with Redcode, i will try it. i was thinking about like 58/56 lbs. what do you think ? do you think that is too tight ?

b0oMeR
09-22-2008, 05:30 PM
That is GREAT news. since one of the problems were the tension loss with proline/Yonex combo. Yonex plays like gut so it is probably ok with redcode as well as X-1. One thing is i was surprised how fast X-1 loses tension though. it is supposed to be much better than previous TEchnifibre strings for tension loss but it still lost tension pretty quick and became loose. But if you think X-1 works great with Redcode, i will try it. i was thinking about like 58/56 lbs. what do you think ? do you think that is too tight ?

I string red code at 60-62 and i think it feels great.

bumblebee
09-22-2008, 06:21 PM
i strung pro red at 62 and 52 and it felt great either way. in a hybrid i strung 60/56. i think u should start with wat u feel is a good place to start, but yes, 58/56 sounds really good.

iphoneman
09-22-2008, 06:24 PM
red code is harsh on the arm. hurr tour feels ded. havent tried proline 2 but have heard good things from my friend.

Fedace
09-23-2008, 03:13 PM
red code is harsh on the arm. hurr tour feels ded. havent tried proline 2 but have heard good things from my friend.

Does PHT really feel dead >?? not too many people have mentioned this.:confused: i thought PHT was more lively than Red code ?

iphoneman
09-23-2008, 04:27 PM
well red code is not as lively as pht but pht is still quite dead..ive heard the kirschbaum is a very soft poly but im not for certain since i have not tried it. i use topspin cyberflash and pro supex blue gear hybrid and it works for me.

Fedace
09-23-2008, 06:16 PM
^^^Kirsch is definitely softer than redcode for sure though i have not tried the redcode yet. but BigAce is still softer than any of these. so the Redcode plays most dead of any of these strings, right ??