PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy the 6-pack or the 12-pack Babolat Aero Bags?

KiwiNuker
09-21-2008, 07:04 AM
So I have 3 racquets I want to carry around. I use the APDC so I figured the Aero Bag 6 pack (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGBAB-BAB6.html) would be a good choice. I looked up the stats of the two bags to find that the 12 pack one is only 6 inches wider and 10 dollars more. 16.5 inches in width doesn't seem that big. My main problem is I want a bag that isn't too bulky and will allow me to carry around 3 racquets, some tennis balls, some overgrips, and dampeners. I am going overboard by wanting the 12 pack? The small difference in price makes me want to get the 12 pack, but I am worried it might be too bulky. Can anyone with experience with tennis bags give me a good overview and suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

KiwiNuker
09-21-2008, 07:07 AM
I just thought of something. I will go check out my local sports chalet and go see similar bags xD

Hahaha, but feel free to post because I am curious what most ppl with 2-3 racquets would prefer using.

Thanks!

samster
09-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Is there a 9-pack available?

crazy8tiger
09-21-2008, 07:18 AM
I carry 3 racquets and I went for a 6-pack. I use the main compartment with the Climate Control Technology for my racquets, then use the other main compartment to just hold whatever I need for that day(balls, shoes, clothes).

KiwiNuker
Is there a 9-pack available?

Sadly, the 9 pack isn't available. I just looked up the store hours and most stores open at 10am which means I got ~ 2 hours to burn off. :(

KiwiNuker
I carry 3 racquets and I went for a 6-pack. I use the main compartment with the Climate Control Technology for my racquets, then use the other main compartment to just hold whatever I need for that day(balls, shoes, clothes).

Wow. Are the 6 packs big enough to carry shoes? If so, that seems mighty big enough for me! =D

crazy8tiger
09-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Yeah I can fit a pair of shoes in there. It fits 3-6 racquets so I use the other main compartment without the Climate Control Tech for any big stuff that won't fit in the accessories compartment. My Head Radical Combi bag also came with two pouches, one for clothes and another for shoes.

Raphael
09-21-2008, 08:22 AM
I got the 12-pack and only carry 3-4 racquets, but lots of gear. If you don't use as much stuff, then get the 6 pack.

KiwiNuker
09-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks guys for your replies. I decided to go with the 6 pack since it seems to suit my needs and I didn't want something that was too bulky. Although seems like a great deal to get a 12 pack... only 10 dollars more @_@

roddickslammer
09-22-2008, 06:51 PM
12 cause 9 has not uch room

DonBot
09-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I own the aero bag in both the 6 and the 12, go with the 12 it has tons of space. Even if you own three sticks You can put spare cans of balls in the other compartment and put your clothes and shoes in the middle. I was in your same shoes and bought the 6 thinking I will never need the space, but boy was I wrong so I picked up the 12 and love it. I normally use the super large wilson bag just because I prefer the backpack straps. I think the wilson bags are the best on the market, but the 12 pack aero is right up there. It is very well made and it lasts forever.

b0oMeR
10-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Why not get the 12 pack? It isnt that much bigger, but you get more for your buck.
I'd rather have extra compartments than trying to squeeze things in.