PDA

View Full Version : Poly Users

Spinal Tap
09-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Why don't you use a kevlar hybrid? I have tried many brands of the co-polys and kevlar hybrids. Kevlar wins hands down. Same low power and spin production, but doesn't produce a trampoline effect when it loses tension. I am curious if you poly users have ever used kevlar, and if you have, why did you reject it?

09-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I think NickB went thru a low tension Kevlar phase and loved it for awhile. Probably some good old threads on here about those days for him.

think he is back with poly now, and drawn back by Lux if i remember correctly. He also seems to favor Big Ace to some extent. Maybe he will chime in here about his thoughts on Kevlar.

x-height
09-21-2008, 03:22 PM
I was a longtime kevlar hybrid user since the mid-nineties until I tried poly this summer to see what all the fuss was about. Not some earth-shaking revelation or anything, but it made me realize just how much stiffer kevlar was and, what can I say, I liked the feel. Has it changed my game? Not really since my mechanics have been set from the start. It just feels better; personal preference.

2nd_Serve
09-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I just like poly better than kevlar.

ag200boy
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
because i string at high tensions no matter what im using (i cant stand low tensions) and kevlar is just too stiff

Ljubicic for number1
09-22-2008, 05:12 PM
I found kevlar to have very little spin compared to poly and to make it play half decent I had to drop the tension really low and then the strings moved so much it was unbearable to use.