PDA

View Full Version : Did this happen to you?

jhusein
09-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I just finished a 2 piece stringing an AG 200 (18x20) with Babolat Hybrid (VS mains and PHT crosses) @ 62 lbs. This is a package that includes bith strings that I purchased from TW (I use SP Swing). The problem is I ran out of the VS string on the last main on each side (did not have enough strings to tension)!!!!!!!!!!! I had to do it manually and the two mains on each side do not have the proper tension. Is 20 ft not enogh for the mains for the AG200? Thanks.

jim e
09-21-2008, 04:09 PM
I just finished a 2 piece stringing an AG 200 (18x20) with Babolat Hybrid (VS mains and PHT crosses) @ 62 lbs. This is a package that includes bith strings that I purchased from TW (I use SP Swing). The problem is I ran out of the VS string on the last main on each side (did not have enough strings to tension)!!!!!!!!!!! I had to do it manually and the two mains on each side do not have the proper tension. Is 20 ft not enogh for the mains for the AG200? Thanks.

Since you did it manually, it sounds like you just did not have enough string to reach the tension head. If that is the reason , you could have used a scrap piece of string, put it through the loops of a starting clamp,put those ends in the tension head, then clamp the starting clamp to the end of your last main, then you would be good to go.

Zhou
09-21-2008, 04:09 PM
If you had a starting clamp you could have bridged the gap using a piece of scrap string.

Or if you had a spare flying clamp you could have also used that as a bridge as well.

dancraig
09-21-2008, 05:01 PM
And if you had no clamp to use as a bridge, you could have simply tied the scrap piece of string to the other string. If you ever do this, make as many knot loops as possible and tension and clamp quickly. The knot can slip so you should work fast.

jhusein
09-21-2008, 08:28 PM
And if you had no clamp to use as a bridge, you could have simply tied the scrap piece of string to the other string. If you ever do this, make as many knot loops as possible and tension and clamp quickly. The knot can slip so you should work fast.

Thanks guys. Now I know better.