PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

slkbassist
09-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Ok over the past few months I've had on and off problems with golfer's elbow and soreness in my biceps. The problem isn't fully due to tennis, but that is when it first showed (if you read my post on the light weight of my racquets, which I eventually weighted and fixed the problem). The newest bout is from a differnent injury, which I made worse when playing tennis by making a miss manuver and hurting my arm, and then refusing to give up the set. I'm going to rest it for now as needed.

Anyways here is where I need help. I need to switch to something easier on my arm for now. I've been a moderately high stringer (around 62 to 64). I've mostly used synth gut, tried polys a few years back. Stil haven't tried gut. Anyways I am intrigued to go low tension, but am afraid that I will 1) loose control (I hit mostly flat, the high tension seems to help me keep the ball deep,but in). 2) Have a huge trampoline effect, with the ball launching deep 3) have to change strings soon.

So, would it be possible for me to string my radicals say at the low 50's, possibly even in the 40's and still swing out with my long flat strokes? And if so what string/tension is suggested? I was thing something like KGut which I can get at a local shop? I still want to try gut, but am hesitant especially with the muggy weather

Infl8edEg0
09-22-2008, 07:25 PM
try Isospeed Control 16, it's a really great string. It's a multi, and hits incredibly soft. it's also low-powered, so you could probably go in the 50's and not be worried about hitting it long. this is all just imo though.

Don't go back to poly/kevlar. What kind of syngut did you use?

slkbassist
09-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Ok thanks. As for synths, I have recently used TNT2 17. Head Synth Control. Wilson NXT 17.

Power Player
09-23-2008, 06:49 AM
try Isospeed Control 16, it's a really great string. It's a multi, and hits incredibly soft.

I was wondering about this string. I hit with a lot of topspin and pretty hard and I can already feel my polys starting to go.

Is the 16 the way to go for a baseliner or the pro 17? And I read that the 17 needs to be string 10% looser, and the 16 10% tighter...is this right?

So 60 pounds for the control16 would probably feel like 55?

slkbassist
09-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Any other thoughts. Before I string at a low tension, I would like to know from more people if I will be at risk for having the ball sail on me, considering I use little or no spin.

For softer gut like strings my local shop has Kgut 16, Laserfibre, Gamma Livewire. (I'd order Iso or one of the others from TW, but I'm having shipping issues right now)

Anyways has anyone who takes big swings tried any of the 3 mentioned at 52 or lower?