PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to use the Silent Partner Swing tensioner?

tennisfreak15347
09-23-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm not completely certain of the proper way to use the silent partner tensioner, although this may seem trivial or not; I'm not sure. However, this is what I do; tell me if I'm doing this right. I insert the string in the split-drum, I let the arm drop, I lift the arm ( without touching anything else, including the tensioning drum, THEN I rotate the drum clockwise, and then drop the arm, and keep doing this until it goes to the desired tension. is this the proper tecnique? if you are not sure of what I'm saying, I could get a video going,

tennisfreak15347
09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
bump. 10 chars

ag200boy
09-23-2008, 04:36 PM
this should be in the stringing machine section....

sorry i dont have an answer, just saying that u would most likely get answers in that section

Nanshiki
09-23-2008, 06:54 PM
I haven't strung any racquets yet, but couldn't you hold the clutch in place and just move the arm up and down till it's in place?

Mansewerz
09-23-2008, 07:15 PM
check your other thread, i answered already.

tennisfreak15347
09-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I haven't strung any racquets yet, but couldn't you hold the clutch in place and just move the arm up and down till it's in place?

not for the silent partner swing. As you tension the string, the rachet gradually becomes tighter and stiffer, and it becomes almost impossible to keep it in place while you lift the arm. I actually hurt my hand a bit,:( attempting to grip the tension gripper as hard as I could, trying to keep it in place, and I assure you I am not weak.

tennisfreak15347
09-23-2008, 07:18 PM
check your other thread, i answered already.

Of course, thankyou mansewerz.

NadalFan1990
09-23-2008, 08:18 PM
your hanf is going to hurt for a while if you use a drop weight, it happened to me...
you should be able to hold the ratchet in place without any problems... i've never used that machine, but there are tiny wedges in the dw machine that I use so that it is easy to grip. im not so sure about the machine you have though, sorry