PDA

View Full Version : Clown popped my nat gut!

Rickson
09-23-2008, 04:47 PM
My buddy has a terrible habit of leaving his tennis bag in his car and that's something I never do. I lent him a cheap stick some time ago and he keeps asking to borrow it in case he needs an extra for someone else. Well, he mixed up the cheap HEAD titanium with my HEAD LM Prestige and that's where I got screwed. It had been a month since we last played and he left the Prestige which was strung with nat gut in his car the whole time. He took it out of his tennis bag for the first time and 2 mains were snapped. This is inexcusable ignorance. I'm not even lending this clown the titanium anymore.

tennisfreak15347
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
^^^ OUCH! that would really make my blood cold.

DarthCow
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
It's a dog act.:evil:

Rickson
09-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, tf, I warned him several times not to leave his own stick in his car, but he didn't listen. The fact that he'd expose any stick at all that I lent him to the summer heat is inexcusable. If anything good came out of this, it's that he actually saw the damage his stupidity can cause and he agreed not to leave his bag in the car anymore.

adams_1
09-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Just try really, really hard not to strangle him with the aforementioned gut.

samster
09-23-2008, 05:40 PM
how disappointing.

Rickson
09-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Funny you should mention that, adams because I took out my Stanley utility knife to cut out the rest of the string. My buddy definitely had a nervous look on his face.

tennisfreak15347
09-23-2008, 06:31 PM
by the way..... A MONTH IN THE CAR FOR A SUMMER??!?!?? I'm suprized no damage happened to the frame itself.

superstition
09-24-2008, 12:49 AM
You can pay him back by giving him a stiff racquet strung at the maximum tension with Prince Pro Blend 16. Use the kevlar mains from two packs to do the whole racquet and use the synthetic gut for another one. Be sure to give him some Wilson Titanium tennis balls to go with it.

Prince Pro Blend 16
material: Kevlar
gauge: 1.30
stiffness: 981

Stannie
09-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Poor you...show him up in a match =P

Rickson
09-24-2008, 09:44 AM
It's funny you should mention that, Stan. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I played him with the busted strings and I beat him, 6-3. He wanted to play with the busted strings next and then I bageled him while using his racquet. Now I know why I suck so bad when I play high level competition. I need some new hitting partners.

Mansewerz
09-24-2008, 12:15 PM
It's funny you should mention that, Stan. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I played him with the busted strings and I beat him, 6-3. He wanted to play with the busted strings next and then I bageled him while using his racquet. Now I know why I suck so bad when I play high level competition. I need some new hitting partners.

What level are you? 4.0?