PDA

View Full Version : Head tennis balls

william7gr
09-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Head owns penn right? So why are there head balls and penn balls. I have noticed that on penn balls it says the only ball made in the US, does it say the same thing on the head balls? Is using the name head instead of penn just an excuse to make the balls cheaper somewhere else?

mikeler
09-30-2008, 12:15 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I tried a can of Head balls for the first time last week. They came out of the can very flat. Could have just been a bad can, but I don't want to risk wasting money on future cans.

william7gr
09-30-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I tried a can of Head balls for the first time last week. They came out of the can very flat. Could have just been a bad can, but I don't want to risk wasting money on future cans.

Thanks I was going to try them but I think i will get some Dunlops instead.

Anyone else got answers to my original question.

mtommer
09-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks I was going to try them but I think i will get some Dunlops instead.

Anyone else got answers to my original question.

It probably has to do with brand recognition and the numbers that generates. The ideal tennis consumer isn't one who is into tennis per se but geared more towards juniors and newbies where image sells your product rather than knowledge. Head racquets, bag, apparel, shoes, overgrips,.......and now balls.