PDA

View Full Version : Leather Grips

Hot Sauce
09-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Hurt. I've got a KB tour with a Yonex Supergrap over it, and it's giving me blisters :(. I also tried out my older Head LM which I recently put a Gamma Hi-Tech replacement grip on, and that felt nice and squishy.

Just my 2 cents.

CHOcobo
09-23-2008, 09:33 PM
i have the wilson "sponge" as my leather and wilson pro OG over it. feels aweseom.

zidane339
09-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Aw, you just need some callusses bud! : )

skyman1700
09-23-2008, 11:11 PM
i have a wilson k tour and it comes with original leather grip...I just want to know whether I should leave it like that or put a Wilson Pro OG over it?

octman12
09-23-2008, 11:18 PM
i guess its something that you have to experiment with

like does it feel you need more tack or something like that

Usually i put a OG on leather grips because it doesnt have enough tack for me

Hot Sauce
09-23-2008, 11:43 PM
i have a wilson k tour and it comes with original leather grip...I just want to know whether I should leave it like that or put a Wilson Pro OG over it?
I'd tear strip that leather grip completely, and put on a replacement grip. Leather grips by themselves feel awful (very stiff and not tacky) in my opinion, and even with an overgrip, it doesn't feel cushiony enough for me, so it's giving me blisters.
i guess its something that you have to experiment with

like does it feel you need more tack or something like that

Usually i put a OG on leather grips because it doesnt have enough tack for me

I have a Yonex SuperGrap (overgrip) on my KB Tour (with leather), and it just feels too hard. The SuperGrap gives a great tacky feel, though. I'm thinking of stripping the leather and putting on a Gamma Hi-Tech replacement grip, and then overgripping that, since it's way more comfortable and cushiony.

srv vlly
09-24-2008, 04:41 PM
i used to play supergrap, but now i play just leather. i havent looked back and i dont plan to either. its all personal preference, if u are willing to build up calluses playing with leather is really sweet

binomialtheory
09-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I play leather with yonex supergrap on my kbt too. Feels great.

LanEvo
09-25-2008, 05:07 PM
anyone who doesnt want their leather grips from there racquets take them off and send them my way i want them

Hot Sauce
09-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Damn, you guys like that leather! I can't stand it, it's too hard on my itty bitty hands.

Stannie
09-26-2008, 12:04 AM
IMO, I don't like the leather, but love the weight

skyman1700
09-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Wht are the pro's and con's for using leather aside from personal perference? I'm all bout the Pro Overgrip on top of my leather grip here...

skyman1700
09-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Where can I buy the Wilson tape that goes on top of the overgrip? I bought the Wilson Pro Overgrip 3-pack and for some reason it doesn't come with any tape. Also, does Sports Authority install Overgrip too?

Blade0324
09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
skyman
Sounds like you bought the Wilson Pro's that are rolled up. If that is the case once you open them up and unroll one a little bit the Wison tape will be rolled up in the over grip. If not just use some electrical tape. It holds better anyways.