PDA

View Full Version : What would be the best monofilament synthetic strings

NoobWannabe
09-24-2008, 12:43 AM
What would be the best monofilament synthetics, which must meet the following criteria:

1) Durability
2) Feel (as in closest to natural gut)
3) tension maintenance

Cost is not a factor.

I have tried a few cheaper mono synthetics and i think Gosen Sheep Micro SUPER 16 plays closest to what I want in term of feel, but the durability is up to what I am looking for.

Thanks

NoobWannabe
09-24-2008, 12:45 AM
i mean NOT up to what i am looking for,,,,geezz where is the edit button?

smirker
09-24-2008, 12:52 AM
What would be the best monofilament synthetics, which must meet the following criteria:

1) Durability
2) Feel (as in closest to natural gut)
3) tension maintenance

Cost is not a factor.

I have tried a few cheaper mono synthetics and i think Gosen Sheep Micro SUPER 16 plays closest to what I want in term of feel, but the durability is up to what I am looking for.

Thanks

why mono? If you want gut like feel and cost is not a factor then why not buy gut? If not try a top end multi if you want feel. My tip is weisscannon Explosiv. Enjoy

NoobWannabe
09-24-2008, 04:38 PM
but durability is a factor, I dont like stringing racquets

tennisfreak15347
09-24-2008, 04:56 PM
but durability is a factor, I dont like stringing racquets

Klip Legend is a durable natural gut; probably more durable than a lot of synthetic guts out there. you might want to give that a try.

superstition
09-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Monofilament synthetics don't feel like gut.

NoobWannabe
09-24-2008, 11:06 PM
well if you read my post right, i never said mono synthetics feel like gut, i said monofilament that feel closest to gut, which means "feeling closest to gut" is the bench mark.