PDA

View Full Version : Pro Supex Overgrips Comparision?

Stannie
09-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Anyone got experience with Pro Supex Overgrips? How do they compare to, lets say, Wilson Pro Overgrips or the Yonex Supergraps?

Spatula
09-24-2008, 02:22 AM
They are a touch thicker compared to Wilson Pro. Very good overgrips though. Nice tack/cushion. They do last longer than W/P in my opinion. My only thing is again they are too thick. But for the price $18 for 24 I think, you can't really beat that.

McLovin
09-24-2008, 04:23 AM
I ordered a reel of TopSpin Cyber Flash the other day and it included a single Pro Supex overgrip. I put it on my racket out of curiosity and liked it. I haven't hit w/ it yet, so I don't know how it will handle the gallons of sweat my body produces during a match, but first impressions are that they are nice grips.

I've been using Gamma Supreme for years and I may switch if it holds together for a match or two.

JSE
09-24-2008, 06:16 AM
Yes, a little thicker than Wilson Pro but they are much shorter. I can't get them to cover a complete grip and I stretch it to a razor thin overlap. Other than the length, the grip are very nice. They hold up just as long as the Wilson and they are just as tacky. Due to the shorter length, I am actually using the Pro Supex under the Wilson Pro. I normally use two grips for a little more cuchy feel and added grip size.

Spatula
09-24-2008, 06:25 AM
That interesting, I can easily wrap a PD Roddick+ with A P/S overgrip with no problems, and not stretching it much at all.

I may measure a P/S Grip vs a Wilson Pro just to see if there is a length difference.

JSE
09-24-2008, 06:41 AM
That interesting, I can easily wrap a PD Roddick+ with A P/S overgrip with no problems, and not stretching it much at all.

I may measure a P/S Grip vs a Wilson Pro just to see if there is a length difference.

I actually got a couple of free Pro Supex grips when I purchased some strings and those were the longer length. I like them so I ordered the "can" of grips from Pro Supex. Can't remember the quantity off hand but all the grips I received have been much shorter.

Maybe the cutter was out of wack at the factory that day?

Ljubicic for number1
09-24-2008, 06:44 AM
Pro Supex have finally fixed the short grip problem, They are perfect now.

My favorite grip, as long as you are not a chronic sweater. They don't absorb the sweat as well as tourna's but they certainly feel much better.

Ljubicic for number1
09-24-2008, 06:46 AM
I actually got a couple of free Pro Supex grips when I purchased some strings and those were the longer length. I like them so I ordered the "can" of grips from Pro Supex. Can't remember the quantity off hand but all the grips I received have been much shorter.

Maybe the cutter was out of wack at the factory that day?

Hey JSE when did you receive the short grips? my last 3 orders "about the last 3 months" have all been good length

scraps234
09-24-2008, 06:51 AM
where can u buy strings and they send u a pro supex grip for free?

JSE
09-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Hey JSE when did you receive the short grips? my last 3 orders "about the last 3 months" have all been good length

It's been several months. Maybe 5 to 6? I might try them again.

JSE
09-24-2008, 07:05 AM
where can u buy strings and they send u a pro supex grip for free?

S.T.R.I.N.G..... D.E.P.O.T..... P.L.U.S.

When I bought some Big Ace from them, I got a couple free grips thrown in the box. I doubt this is a regular thing though. I have ordered from them since and received no such goodies. :cry:

scraps234
09-24-2008, 06:37 PM
awww o well thanks newayz

McLovin
09-25-2008, 05:31 AM
S.T.R.I.N.G.S.... D.E.P.O.T..... P.L.U.S.
Just fixed a type-o.

I ordered some CyberFlash just last week when I got my free grip. It was my 1st order from them, so maybe they only do it for new customers?

JSE
09-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Just fixed a type-o.

I ordered some CyberFlash just last week when I got my free grip. It was my 1st order from them, so maybe they only do it for new customers?

DOH! Nice catch.

You might be right about only new customers getting the grips.

Spatula
09-25-2008, 06:16 AM
Nah, not true. I've placed about 25 orders from them and it's completely random. I'd say I've recieved something free (pack of string, overgrip, etc) about 25% of the time. I got a pack of CyberFlash17 free when I purchased a reel of it. I got x2 grips when I purchased about 5 packs of Forten Sweet17. No ryme or reason really.

I'm not complaining though.

Stannie
09-25-2008, 08:59 AM
We'll see what I get...I ordered two reels, a leather (to place as dampeners), and something else i forgot haha

Thx guys!