PDA

View Full Version : Good Main Titan or Sweet

MagPro
09-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Does any one have any experiences with Pro Supex Titan or Forten Sweet used as a main with Weisscannon Explosiv? I was going to buy a reel. Opinions on either string is appreciated? Durability, Playability? Thanks

smirker
09-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Does any one have any experiences with Pro Supex Titan or Forten Sweet used as a main with Weisscannon Explosiv? I was going to buy a reel. Opinions on either string is appreciated? Durability, Playability? Thanks

Definitely put the explosiv in the mains otherwise you are wasting the feel of the multi. Mains account for a large % of the feel on a string job.

The syn gut will firm it up a bit as a cross (string it a couple of lbs higher) and save some money per job but no point doing the other way. Put your money in the mains! I know a lot of pros use NG as a cross but money is no concern to them.

Spatula
09-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Agree with smirker, put the explosiv in the mains.

Both titan and forten sweet are good. I've put both with Cyberflash, Big Ace, SPPP,etc...

My preference is Forten though. It gives me that extra "pop" feeling off the stringbed where as titan mutes it a touch.

number.432
09-24-2008, 12:46 PM

I have used Titan full job and as a cross with several poly main. It definitely works better as a cross string. It's very muted in the main even at high tension. If you want crisper try spiral flex or wilson extreme.

MagPro
09-24-2008, 01:49 PM
How much of a difference would it be if I went full Explosiv compared to hybriding the crosses with a Syn Gut (feel wise)? Should I just stick to full multi? Thanks.

MagPro
09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Also will the Stiffer Syn Gut make the softer multi wear faster? Should I do Explosiv main and then a cheaper multi for the crosses? Any suggestions on a cheap multi? Thanks

BCEagle01
09-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Also will the Stiffer Syn Gut make the softer multi wear faster? Should I do Explosiv main and then a cheaper multi for the crosses? Any suggestions on a cheap multi? Thanks

pro supex maxim touch

number.432
09-24-2008, 03:15 PM
How much of a difference would it be if I went full Explosiv compared to hybriding the crosses with a Syn Gut (feel wise)? Should I just stick to full multi? Thanks.

You would have to try that out since stiffness is relative. I personally am not a big fan of full poly. The most I would go is poly main and something else cross. There are so many variables how much you play, how hard you swing, do you break string, do you have a stringer, what's your budget like?

If $$$ is not an issue then I guess it wouldn't hurt trying a full poly once and if you can't handle that just cut it out and cross that off your list. That's what i've been doing.

number.432
09-24-2008, 03:17 PM

I would think that's the best of both world Explosiv main (or any other poly you wanna try main) and softer string cross.

Maxim Touch offers excellent value. You can also try technifibre e-matrix, technifibre multifeel.

2nd_Serve
09-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Put the Weisscannon in the mains. And then use Titan.

MagPro
09-24-2008, 07:54 PM
I play about 3-4 times a week. I try to swing pretty hard. I do break strings its hard to say how often. I do have a stringer Silent partner swing. Since I string myself I dont mind spending a little more but, I would like to stay about $10 a set of strings. Unless I would notice a big difference spending a few more bucks.
You would have to try that out since stiffness is relative. I personally am not a big fan of full poly. The most I would go is poly main and something else cross. There are so many variables how much you play, how hard you swing, do you break string, do you have a stringer, what's your budget like?

If $$$ is not an issue then I guess it wouldn't hurt trying a full poly once and if you can't handle that just cut it out and cross that off your list. That's what i've been doing.

nickarnold2000
09-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Which would you say is softer: sweet or titan?

maui boy
09-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Sweet is much softer (194 lbs/in) compared to Titan (202 lbs/in). Sweet feels really soft when you string it. Titan looks great but feels much different. I highly recommend both!!

nickarnold2000
09-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Sweet is much softer (194 lbs/in) compared to Titan (202 lbs/in). Sweet feels really soft when you string it. Titan looks great but feels much different. I highly recommend both!!
How would you rate the durability of Titan compared with Sweet?

maui boy
09-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Sweet softer but more durable than titan for the 17g versions. I have not used the 16g versions.

Fedace
09-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Is Titan really that good of a string ?? I heard so many good things about it. How does it compare to other multis ?

number.432
09-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Is Titan really that good of a string ?? I heard so many good things about it. How does it compare to other multis ?

It performs well given its price in hybrid as a cross string. It gives really good feedback when hybriding with poly main. It didn't work for me too well as a full job. You will like it if you don't like too stiff or too soft a stringbed.

Fedace
09-30-2008, 07:07 PM
It performs well given its price in hybrid as a cross string. It gives really good feedback when hybriding with poly main. It didn't work for me too well as a full job. You will like it if you don't like too stiff or too soft a stringbed.

How does it compare to X-1 biphase or Yonex Multis??

number.432
09-30-2008, 07:17 PM
How does it compare to X-1 biphase or Yonex Multis??

I have used only Yonex 850 in a full job. 850 play very well on its own excellent feel from all areas I am an alllcourter btw while the Titan does not deliver given both frames were strung same tension. When I had 850 as a cross with several poly main it felt slightly softer than titan cross.

If you have used both X-1 biphase and yonext 850 would you mind comparing them?

Fedace
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
I have used only Yonex 850 in a full job. 850 play very well on its own excellent feel from all areas I am an alllcourter btw while the Titan does not deliver given both frames were strung same tension. When I had 850 as a cross with several poly main it felt slightly softer than titan cross.

If you have used both X-1 biphase and yonext 850 would you mind comparing them?

If someone put a gun to my head and asked me to compare the 2, i would go with Yonex 850 pro. Now i like X-1 as well, has superior feel and spin in the beginning but as you get into about 4 th hour of play, it starts to lose tension and power and starts to go dead. once this happens you have to cut it out cause control is just really bad at that point. with Yonex, it lasts much longer and i does have superior power and feel but not as much spin and feels softer than X-1 biphase.

number.432
09-30-2008, 07:25 PM
If someone put a gun to my head and asked me to compare the 2, i would go with Yonex 850 pro. Now i like X-1 as well, has superior feel and spin in the beginning but as you get into about 4 th hour of play, it starts to lose tension and power and starts to go dead. once this happens you have to cut it out cause control is just really bad at that point. with Yonex, it lasts much longer and i does have superior power and feel but not as much spin and feels softer than X-1 biphase.

HAhaHA....AGREE. Can you believe this I used to think Gamme Livewire XP is the best multi ever until I locate the 850. The 850 pro and 880 is next up on my list. Can't go wrong with that price. Will post back once I gather enouh feedback.

nickarnold2000
10-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Sweet softer but more durable than titan for the 17g versions. I have not used the 16g versions.
Thanks for the info - I think I'll stay with Sweet 17 currently crossed with CF but next up is PS BG

Spatula
10-01-2008, 06:21 AM

PS Titan is not a multi, it's a syngut.