PDA

View Full Version : Unsure of strings to use?

csr_88
09-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, so I have been having string issues, mainly the "control" part of it.

I use a MG radical MP and can more than produce my own power and right now i'm using babolat Duralast 15L @58 mains and Nat gut @62 crosses.

it feels pretty crisp but if i want to unload a bomb on the cross/line forehand i really have to go western to keep it in.

Maybe it's just me being egotistical in terms of my technique but i'm a strong 5.0-5.5 player in college.

guess the real question here is can you guys suggest a string or combo?

thanks!

Matty G
09-25-2008, 01:27 AM
I sugets you try a few diferent string setups. I would try full lux. original at 57 first and then go from there. (eg a more powerfull string , more feel and comfort and so on)

csr_88
09-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Oh okay i see it.

well, what about throwing the Lux original 16g on the mains and gut on the crosses?

it's higher tension on crosses and lower on mains, right? for control that is?

e.g. - lux mains @58 and gut crosses @ 62?

Matty G
09-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Oh okay i see it.

well, what about throwing the Lux original 16g on the mains and gut on the crosses?

it's higher tension on crosses and lower on mains, right? for control that is?

e.g. - lux mains @58 and gut crosses @ 62?

This would be a nice set-up it would be softer and more comfortable than full lux. it will also have more feel but LESS CONTROL and slightly less spin.

nickb
09-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Get rid of the duralast....it drops tension really fast....are you getting the control you want when the strings are fresh?

csr_88
09-25-2008, 08:26 AM
to be honest with you....no I'm not getting that much control from the duralast(15Lg)

there is actually quite a bit of pop and like i said earlier i go almost full western to keep it in on my forehand rips. although the one-hand backhands cross/heavy cross court don't feel too bad.

i'm just looking for something or a combo so I can do what i want with it and feel confident.

nickb
09-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Ok...try full poly then...the MG radical feels good with that because its flexible.

csr_88
09-25-2008, 08:44 AM
alrighty.

got a suggestion?

right now i'm having to change my forehand grip depending on the shot i want. the power isn't TOO bad, but it keeps landing about an inch or too after the baseline which is ^%$&*## frustrating.

nadal&roddickfan
09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
try a full set of pro supex big-ace @58, or a set of Signum Pro Poly Plasma at the same tension.