PDA

View Full Version : Alu vs. Alu Rough vs. BBO vs. BBO Rough

HaNbAnG
09-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Which one do you prefer and why?

nickb
09-25-2008, 08:22 AM
I like Big Banger Original the best. It holds tension better than ALU and the control is amazing. I also like the feel better...I find touch shots great with it.

The BBO rough is stiffer and dead feeling compared to regular BBO. I never noticed much difference between ALU and ALUR...the rough felt a tad softer...thats it.

Nick

PED
09-25-2008, 01:36 PM
^^Everything Nick says above is true. If alu held tension as well as BBO, I would go with ALU. But alu doesn't so the BBO is the way to go. The BBO Rough is def my least favorite of the bunch.

Nick, glad to see you're back with the BBO in your APDC. How is the stiffness in the stick with the BBO?

nickb
09-25-2008, 01:43 PM
^^Everything Nick says above is true. If alu held tension as well as BBO, I would go with ALU. But alu doesn't so the BBO is the way to go. The BBO Rough is def my least favorite of the bunch.

Nick, glad to see you're back with the BBO in your APDC. How is the stiffness in the stick with the BBO?

Hi PED,

It plays GREAT...the spin im getting amazed me today...im painting the lines as well...the stick plays more solid with BBO. The luxilon feeling you cant miss with the power and spin of the APDC is deadly :)

As for stiffness it feels fine...after the first 10 minutes it settles in well...no pain in the arm at all...compared to my old ncode tours the racket is easier on my arm because it takes less effort to use.

Volleys really have some stick on them and im getting good kick on serves.

Luvin it!

Nick

HaNbAnG
09-25-2008, 08:41 PM
I like Big Banger Original the best. It holds tension better than ALU and the control is amazing. I also like the feel better...I find touch shots great with it.

The BBO rough is stiffer and dead feeling compared to regular BBO. I never noticed much difference between ALU and ALUR...the rough felt a tad softer...thats it.

Nick

Right now I'm using Yonex RDX 500 MID with full Alu 16.
I just wanted to know if I could find other poly that can match Alu.
Although I use it full string job, I am totally okay with the stiffness. No arm pain.
So you totally recommend BBO, right?

HaNbAnG
09-25-2008, 08:46 PM
What about the stiffness?
Is BBO softer? I kinda like the stiff more than soft poly. How about spin?

Booyah
09-25-2008, 08:51 PM
I like alu and BBO because the feel is incredible and yes they hold tension very well. i haven't tried the rough type for either but i would assume rough would give more "bite" and be a tad stiffer.

PED
09-26-2008, 04:01 AM
Right now I'm using Yonex RDX 500 MID with full Alu 16.
I just wanted to know if I could find other poly that can match Alu.
Although I use it full string job, I am totally okay with the stiffness. No arm pain.
So you totally recommend BBO, right?

The stiffness rating is actually higher on BBO but you won't feel that, but while BBO is comfortable, I certainly would not call it soft.

Nick is dead on as usual ;) BBO is great all around and holds tension MUCH better than ALU.

nadal for number1
10-06-2008, 06:04 PM
BBO all the way!