PDA

View Full Version : Pro Supex BA (big Ace)

nadal&roddickfan
09-25-2008, 11:22 AM
on a certain site, it claims that it is polyester; but it is a co-poly, correct? By the reviews, I've heard it to be an excellent string; with decent comfort in a poly, especially going to poly from a syn. gut for the first time. is this correct?

wao
09-25-2008, 12:04 PM
on a certain site, it claims that it is polyester; but it is a co-poly, correct? By the reviews, I've heard it to be an excellent string; with decent comfort in a poly, especially going to poly from a syn. gut for the first time. is this correct?
You are correct, it is a co-poly. It is a decent string with better than average tension retention for a poly.

game set match 46 TIMES!!
09-25-2008, 12:13 PM
i douno why but i used it on my apdc with xcel power and got no power it was weird but alot of good reviews so i may try it again in a mix becuz i got half left of both strings.

09-30-2008, 06:34 AM
i douno why but i used it on my apdc with xcel power and got no power it was weird but alot of good reviews so i may try it again in a mix becuz i got half left of both strings.

what tension did you use?

SlapShot
09-30-2008, 06:35 AM

Poly isn't supposed to have any power. It's a control string for those who create their own power.

old coach
09-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Poly isn't supposed to have any power. It's a control string for those who create their own power.

It is not true. What if it is a soft poly like Cyber Blue and thin gauge like 1.20mm or Big Ace in 1.15mm? Should give you a lot of power.

bluescreen
09-30-2008, 07:01 AM
difference in gauges will not give u any more noticable amounts of power. the type of string isd much more important.

SlapShot is right, poly is not a power-oriented string. people use it for control. if u're trying to get power out of poly, u're looking at the wrong string.

SlapShot
09-30-2008, 07:02 AM
It is not true. What if it is a soft poly like Cyber Blue and thin gauge like 1.20mm or Big Ace in 1.15mm? Should give you a lot of power.

Compared to what?

Compared to natty gut or a good multi, poly doesn't provide any additional pop that you don't bring to the table yourself, even with a soft co-poly.

PROTENNIS63
09-30-2008, 08:02 AM
When I tried Cyber Blue 1.25, it had so much power and no control that I could barely put a ball in the court. That is definitely a very very powerful poly.

09-30-2008, 11:14 AM
When I tried Cyber Blue 1.25, it had so much power and no control that I could barely put a ball in the court. That is definitely a very very powerful poly.

It's all relative to racket, tension and string compared to, right?
(maybe a few other things too)

bluescreen
09-30-2008, 11:35 AM
of course, 5263. racquet, string, and tension combinations will change playability vastly. i dont think many people on here would say they could barely put a ball in the court with cyber blue, but it just goes to show how opinions can vary greatly on this board.

PROTENNIS63
09-30-2008, 02:49 PM
It's all relative to racket, tension and string compared to, right?
(maybe a few other things too)

Yes, I use "player" racquets so they are not powerful. When I tried the Cyber Blue, I still had my BB11 racquets midplus and if you look on TW, it is quite a low powered racquet. The Cyber Blue though just made it a cannon!

tennisfreak15347
09-30-2008, 02:54 PM
if I string syn. gut at 61, do I string BA at 57?

Richie Rich
09-30-2008, 03:11 PM
if I string syn. gut at 61, do I string BA at 57?

that's not a bad start. see how you like it and go from there

tennisfreak15347
09-30-2008, 03:40 PM
that's not a bad start. see how you like it and go from there

okay, thanks. Also, for a reference, I strung Pro redcode at 53lbs today, and I absolutely hated it, it was too overpowered.