PDA

View Full Version : What's the Deal With Duralast?

Mdubb23
09-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Here in the U.S., it says Nadal uses Pro Hurricane Tour, which he doesn't, he uses another poly--Duralast. Up until a week ago I had never heard of it, which I realized was because it isn't sold in the U.S.A. So, I figured that if Nadal used it, it had to have high-tension-maintenance, great spin capability, and virtually no power. However, what I am reading on the boards is the exact opposite. Can anyone fill me in on what Duralast really is, and how it really performs? Thanks in advance.

kevsaenz
09-26-2008, 01:05 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=173819

Djokovicfan4life
09-26-2008, 02:24 AM
From what I've heard its tension maintenance is horrible, but why would Nadal care about that when he can just switch racquets every set?

onkystomper
09-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Horrendous string. Tension gone in 45 mins stiff as a board no feel only good thing about it is the price!

TennezSport
09-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Duralast was a first generation poly that Babolat produced and Rafa grew up playing with it and is very comfortable with it; so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

However, as the other reviews (NickB) have stated this is a horrible string with no feel and poor tension control. Most pros do not care about tension control or durability as they string every day or every other day.

PHT is a second generation poly with improvements made to address the feel and tension issues found in Duralast. BTW, some stringers that have worked for Rafa have stated that they received his string that was labeled PHT Tour Nadal, but it's still Duralast 15L

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

Mdubb23
09-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Great, thanks for the info!

LanEvo
09-26-2008, 04:49 PM
its a marketing thing to get ppl to buy PHT because nadal uses it and as ppl know he uses duralast