PDA

View Full Version : For All You Multi Users For Entire String Bed, How Do You Feel About Spin Generation

Fedace
09-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Ok for all you guys that use Multi only on your string bed, do you feel like you are sacrificing spin when you use all multi jobs.?? and what made you stay away from Polys and what kind of multi do you use ? thanks.:)

CHOcobo
09-26-2008, 08:51 PM
im about to find out. im getting my racket back in like 2 days with red x-one biphase string. can't wait. hope it doesn't hurt my spin generation.

Fed Kennedy
09-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Full Alu Power gave me the most spin. The ball dove down right at the baseline. But how much spin to you really need? It started to feel like crap on my arm after a week.

NXT was crispy and gave me plenty of spin, though it got munched up fast in my POG.
Xcel same, but softer and longer lasting. Been meaning to try k-gut.

The more I play (4-5 days a week), the more I want softer string. The spin sacrifice to me is nothing compared to comfort. If my arm doesnt feel good at contact then tennis becomes far less enjoyable. It'd be cool to get fresh poly everytime I played but that aint happening.

I'm moving to Cali pretty soon, good weather, even more tennis, so it's gonna be a steady soft diet of xcel (and maybe gut) for me.

jackson vile
09-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Full Alu Power gave me the most spin. The ball dove down right at the baseline. But how much spin to you really need? It started to feel like crap on my arm after a week.

NXT was crispy and gave me plenty of spin, though it got munched up fast in my POG.
Xcel same, but softer and longer lasting. Been meaning to try k-gut.

The more I play (4-5 days a week), the more I want softer string. The spin sacrifice to me is nothing compared to comfort. If my arm doesnt feel good at contact then tennis becomes far less enjoyable. It'd be cool to get fresh poly everytime I played but that aint happening.

I'm moving to Cali pretty soon, good weather, even more tennis, so it's gonna be a steady soft diet of xcel (and maybe gut) for me.

Try Unique Irradiated 17g, string it tight

Fedace
09-27-2008, 12:49 PM
^^Thank you all for the response. I did try the full X-1 job today and it definitely did not produce as much spin as Hybrid job. But it did have more power as i expected, especially on serves. but not sure if Spin is more important to me than power on serves ?? This is difficult since i play with alot of topspin from both sides. What do you guys think ?

tennisfreak15347
09-27-2008, 02:10 PM
what made me stay away from poly? my arm injuries. now that they've healed up nicely, it's time to string up a nice set of SPPP and next time maybe BA.

Fedace
09-27-2008, 02:51 PM
what made me stay away from poly? my arm injuries. now that they've healed up nicely, it's time to string up a nice set of SPPP and next time maybe BA.

If you have arm problems, you should definitely go with Hybrid job. it is amazing how much bad vibration this cuts down.

nickb
09-27-2008, 02:58 PM
I have used every multi out there. None of them even come close to poly for me....the spin is nothing compared to Luxilon...I feel my groundstrokes go very very flat when using full multi and I cant get my serve to "kick" as much...in other words it takes more effort to produce spin....I dont really feel any benefit on volleys either....the ball flys on me and I like the crisp feel of luxilon better.

Each to their own.

Fedace
09-27-2008, 04:16 PM
^^^Out of all the Polys out there, i think Luxilon lasts the longest. but i just absolutely Zero feel from that string and it is very harsh on the arm. PHT and Big ace is much easier on the arm though they go Dead much faster.

region2champion
09-27-2008, 04:45 PM
^^^Out of all the Polys out there, i think Luxilon lasts the longest. but i just absolutely Zero feel from that string and it is very harsh on the arm. PHT and Big ace is much easier on the arm though they go Dead much faster.

I dont agree Big Ace dies earlier. But Luxilon has no feeling and Big Ace does

T10s747
09-27-2008, 05:45 PM
^^Thank you all for the response. I did try the full X-1 job today and it definitely did not produce as much spin as Hybrid job. But it did have more power as i expected, especially on serves. but not sure if Spin is more important to me than power on serves ?? This is difficult since i play with alot of topspin from both sides. What do you guys think ?

I use to love that ALU full setup but after a few months, I developed soreness on my shoulder so I went back to NRG. But then I missed the ALU action on the ball so I tried that Polystar Turbo and so far, so good. Nice spin and action on the ball and seems to be very comfortable although I have only had it on for a few days. Besides, multis get too mushy too fast, that's why hybrids never worked for me.

CHOcobo
09-27-2008, 07:11 PM
I have used every multi out there. None of them even come close to poly for me....the spin is nothing compared to Luxilon...I feel my groundstrokes go very very flat when using full multi and I cant get my serve to "kick" as much...in other words it takes more effort to produce spin....I dont really feel any benefit on volleys either....the ball flys on me and I like the crisp feel of luxilon better.

Each to their own.

then why not try multi's strings that are thin. if you haven't.

Fedace
09-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I use to love that ALU full setup but after a few months, I developed soreness on my shoulder so I went back to NRG. But then I missed the ALU action on the ball so I tried that Polystar Turbo and so far, so good. Nice spin and action on the ball and seems to be very comfortable although I have only had it on for a few days. Besides, multis get too mushy too fast, that's why hybrids never worked for me.

Do you think poly star turbo is better than PHT ? there are widely varying opinion on that string. some say it feels Cheap and some say it is the best for spin and feel.:confused:

Gmedlo
09-27-2008, 08:24 PM
If you need to stick with a multi and want more spin, try some isospeed strings. Isospeed energetic+ is probably the spinniest multi I've played with.

But I went back to poly anyway, as it doesn't hurt my arms anymore.

nickb
09-28-2008, 02:04 AM
then why not try multi's strings that are thin. if you haven't.

Because I break a 16g multi in 2 hours.

Fedace
09-28-2008, 02:07 AM
If you need to stick with a multi and want more spin, try some isospeed strings. Isospeed energetic+ is probably the spinniest multi I've played with.

But I went back to poly anyway, as it doesn't hurt my arms anymore.

Is Isospeed better than Pro hurr tour or Polystar in feel???

T10s747
09-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Do you think poly star turbo is better than PHT ? there are widely varying opinion on that string. some say it feels Cheap and some say it is the best for spin and feel.:confused:

I like Polystar Turbo better than PHT, more spin and control.

iplaybetter
09-28-2008, 07:29 PM
i have one stick strung up with full mutli and one with full poly, the poly has a little more spin so i can get away with more esecialy when im off, but when i am swinging well, the multi has the pop, and what can i say, the ball seems to stay in just fine

Matty G
09-28-2008, 11:18 PM
I dont see that much difference. If i could i would play with full multi strung up tight but i need the durability of poly. And iv found a poly that i realy like :)