PDA

View Full Version : ball question

bayoozen33
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
I just received the 24 pack of Dunlop Grand Prix Balls I ordered from TW. I was just wondering how long it would take for unopened cans of balls to go bad.

skyman1700
09-26-2008, 10:51 AM
They shouldn't go bad as long as you dont open them because all the air and pressure are trapped within the can. Also, there's no further oxygen or bacteria to oxidize or wearing out the balls and its felts...tht's just my speculation

bayoozen33
09-26-2008, 10:56 AM
That's what I was thinking in that regard. However, I would think extreme temperatures would still ruin them.

skyman1700
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Keep them in room temperatures. Physically, extreme heat would cause the can to expand and may possibly explode or extreme cold would cause the can to compress even further. Store them at home with proper room temperatures. I still keep the balls in the can after I open them.

brownbearfalling
09-29-2008, 01:33 AM
I can't remember how long it was but a brand new can of balls did go flat on me. It must have been years but the pressure was gone. And the balls inside were completely flat. I have to add that I found them in storage outside. Temperature is a huge factor.
________
UNIVERSAL HEALTH (http://uhwh.com/)

mikeler
10-01-2008, 11:58 AM
I live in Florida and can tell you that heat definitely will deflate a new can of balls. During the summer, a new can of balls can last about a month in my trunk before I notice the deflation. I've never had a problem keeping cans of balls for several months at room temperature.

larry10s
10-15-2008, 11:55 AM
i remember reading 2 years for the life of an unopened can of balls . i tried but could not find the reference to confirm