PDA

View Full Version : Wow biggest bull i have ever heard

tsongaali
09-26-2008, 05:06 PM
So I have been getting blisters from using super grap, so I decided to call yonex to complain. They said that this was a first, and that I should use the white super grap instead of the black. Well I haven't tried yet, but I know I will still get blisters. Stupid Yonex:evil:

LanEvo
09-26-2008, 05:12 PM
LOL this is a very funny story, looks like Yonex ppl dont know any info.

KhaosBaseliner
09-26-2008, 06:13 PM
well its not to dumb cause i have had my own experience with this sorta thing... i used the black grips from klipper and it gave me blisters, but the white grip didnt.

Murray_Maniac
09-26-2008, 06:55 PM
What are they suppose to say? "Oh yes, plenty of ppl get blisters from this, switch to wilson pro overgrip!" Stupid, but they want you to stay w/ them. Personally, if you like the feel of yonex except ya get blisters, go w/ wilson pro.

wyutani
09-26-2008, 06:57 PM
hey, use gloves.

binomialtheory
09-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Personally each colour has its own feel.

ronalditop
09-26-2008, 09:11 PM
go for gamma supreme. its feel is amazing.

Mansewerz
09-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Is supergrap rough? How rough is it compared to tournagrip?

I like tourna, but durability and longevity isn't really there.

binomialtheory
09-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Supergrap feels better than tournagrip imo. Tourna is kind of rough in the beginning. Supergrap feels great from when you first put it on.

ls206
09-26-2008, 11:39 PM
well its not to dumb cause i have had my own experience with this sorta thing... i used the black grips from klipper and it gave me blisters, but the white grip didnt.
It might be because by the time you used the white grip, your blisters had turned into tough skin...

skyman1700
09-27-2008, 01:38 AM
I prefer Wilson Pro Overgrip personally. But what's the most preferred overgrip according to the 2008 USRSA ratings/surveys?

slice bh compliment
09-27-2008, 03:56 AM
Man, if you're getting blisters from an overgrip, that's pretty bad. The yonex customer service guy must have wondered why a tough guy who likes Tsonga and Ali is complaining about his blisters.

Might just want to towel off more, use a wristband, not grip so tightly and as mentioned above, check out the white ones from either Wilson or Yonex. Maybe build up the skin-toughness, let it callous up a little. That'll happen eventually.

A good teaching pro can tell you by looking at the location of the blisters if the way you are gripping the handle is weird or not. That might help.

Oh, and if you want to try something different, Babolat Pro Tour grips are incredible, too. They're actually similar only less tacky and a little softer....and maybe thicker? Well, I like them enough to maybe switch, and I've been a Wilson Pro overgrip/Yonex Supergrap white fan for years.

Il Mostro
09-27-2008, 08:04 AM
^^^^^^

I was wondering the same thing -- such *delicate* hands. I find it practically impossible to comprehend getting blisters from Supergrap (or similar) OG's.

tsongaali
09-27-2008, 08:33 AM
sometimes I play up to 3 hours in one session, and that's when the blisters start to kick in. For now I am just gonna try gamma supreme and see if that helps

Murray_Maniac
09-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Is supergrap rough? How rough is it compared to tournagrip?

I like tourna, but durability and longevity isn't really there.

Yea, its a bit rougher, has more longetivity, & muccch tackier. I switched from Supergrab to tourna because my hands sweat a lot so I needed a less tacky, more absorbant grip. Yonex is more for those w/ not soft hands (youll get blisters) & if youre hands dont sweat a ton. I never got blisters from yonex since I do manual work & have rougher hands.

Matty G
09-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Give it a week or two and the blisters should turn into hard skin!

Gmedlo
09-27-2008, 12:29 PM
start doing olympic lifts to build up some calluses. It sounds like you just have soft hands.

phucng_10
09-27-2008, 01:41 PM
If you're getting blisters, I'd suggest you wrap a round of athletic tape where the blister is continuously happening. I myself have a blister on my index finger and it has happened with those extra tack grips or I was gripping too hard. Ever since I bought those athletic tape, I can take myself out to play some games and rally with my friends without the need of worrying to get a blister again.

chrishin
09-27-2008, 03:18 PM
actually yonex grips are pretty good with any colour. use them for both tennis and badminton.
and you're the first one i've ever heard of called customer service to complain about blisters :?

Zeppy
09-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, when I get blisters, I usually don't think about them (Pick at them, once a while) and keep playing. You probably won't feel anything when those blisters turn into callouses.

But I didn't know overgrip were supposed to prevent blisters. I always thought blisters form by friction, heat and moisture. Not from whatever overgrip it is.

phucng_10
09-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Well, when I get blisters, I usually don't think about them (Pick at them, once a while) and keep playing. You probably won't feel anything when those blisters turn into callouses.

But I didn't know overgrip were supposed to prevent blisters. I always thought blisters form by friction, heat and moisture. Not from whatever overgrip it is.

Grips aren't the cause of blisters. The way you're gripping your racquet when playing is what causes blisters. But I'd suggest you, Zeppy, to poke a little hole on your blister and let the water come out from it.