PDA

View Full Version : I love the feel of Shockbusters

2nd_Serve
09-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Are there any dampeners similar to the Gama Shockbusters?

I love that smooth, crisp, poppy feel, but I just can't seem to find anything similar enough.

The Shockbusters break too easily. The Sampras O's are too heavy

Anything you recommend that gives the feel of a shockbuster?

S H O W S T O P P E R !
09-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Are there any dampeners similar to the Gama Shockbusters?

I love that smooth, crisp, poppy feel, but I just can't seem to find anything similar enough.

The Shockbusters break too easily. The Sampras O's are too heavy

Anything you recommend that gives the feel of a shockbuster?

Try rubber bands which were double-wrapped. It's like installing a regular rubber band but you wrap it around 1 more time to absorb more shock. That gives you a really muted feel and still allows you some feel. But I personally don't like vibes, so I use 2. It's legal by any stretch and it gives the racket a really pop-like feel.

phucng_10
09-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, there are people who loves the look of shock absorbers and the looks of rubberbands. For myself, I would suggest the use of rubberbands over shock absorbers (especially the Gamma Shockbuster). They're cheaper, more reliable, comes in a bundle, and they have a 99.9% chance of never popping out like regular shock absorbers.

From my experience with the Gamma Shockbuster, everytime that I would mistakenly hit where the hook of the shock is at, it would just pop off and I'd have to plug it back in. I haven't been able to get to Staples so I had to use those Gamma Shockbusters which ticks me off during my rallies.

kimbahpnam
09-27-2008, 03:17 PM
The Sampras O's are too heavy

Never really considered a dampener's weight before. How much more does it weigh?

pfchang
09-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Never really considered a dampener's weight before. How much more does it weigh?

bout .5 grams.

ogruskie
09-27-2008, 10:42 PM
People who believe that a damp's "weight" has any effect on their game have mental issues.

Keifers
09-28-2008, 09:46 AM
People who believe that a damp's "weight" has any effect on their game have mental issues.
And how would you know that??...

Some dampeners weigh up to 4-5 grams. That's the equivalent of 8-10 inches of half-inch lead tape and, in my experience, can noticeably change the way a racquet swings.

Lefty5
09-29-2008, 11:04 AM

Some dampeners weigh up to 4-5 grams. That's the equivalent of 8-10 inches of half-inch lead tape and, in my experience, can noticeably change the way a racquet swings.

yep, mental issues for sure...

Nanshiki
10-01-2008, 12:01 PM

Not when you put it at the very bottom of the head...