PDA

View Full Version : Frame is warping

MagPro
09-27-2008, 11:28 AM
I recently had my LM Radical OS strung up with Bab Pro Hurricane tour Mains at 59 and the crosses are NXT tour strung up at the same 59 lbs. I have two of these frames the other having the factory Head Syn gut. The one with the Poly hybrid seems to be more round. Meaning the Poly mains are not flexing or pulling down on the tip and throat portions of the racquet and deforming the natural shape.
When I had the frame strung I asked if the Poly should be looser and the guy at the local shop said no. Now I am reading that it should. What should I do? Is it okay or should I cut them out ASAP?

Daycrawler
09-27-2008, 11:31 AM
If your exceeding your maximum string tension then yes you should cut them out. Also, how long do you leave your strings in your racket once they pop? Also, where did you buy the racket or frame at, If from an authorized retailer then go to a tennis shop and get the specs on it and have them test it to insure it's a real frame and not a knockoff.

tennisfreak15347
09-27-2008, 11:34 AM
you should string polyester strings, like PHT, 5-10% looser tension than you do with synthetic gut or multifilaments. However, I dont think this would cause frame warping. There might be another culprit in this act.

baek57
09-27-2008, 11:34 AM
you dont have to string poly looser, that is just a preference.

DizBoiDanny
09-27-2008, 11:37 AM
i didn't string my polys any less then my syns, and they played the same

ag200boy
09-27-2008, 11:39 AM
its perfectly normal to have some frame deformation when stringing with stiffer strings, watch yulitles vid on cutting out strings and look how much the racquet deforms when he makes the first cut

MagPro
09-27-2008, 12:03 PM
If your exceeding your maximum string tension then yes you should cut them out. Also, how long do you leave your strings in your racket once they pop? Also, where did you buy the racket or frame at, If from an authorized retailer then go to a tennis shop and get the specs on it and have them test it to insure it's a real frame and not a knockoff.

The frame i am pretty sure is 59lbs +,- 5 lbs. I cut this particular set out pretty fast. /I bought the frame from a large sporting goods store.

MagPro
09-27-2008, 12:05 PM
its perfectly normal to have some frame deformation when stringing with stiffer strings, watch yulitles vid on cutting out strings and look how much the racquet deforms when he makes the first cut

I could understand this when you are cutting out strings for a very brief time but, these strings could last weeks. Will it damage my frame?

Mansewerz
09-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Measure the length. Tell us the measurement.

I've been told that a .1 of an inch of difference is ok.

Who strung it? It may have been improperly mounted.

MagPro
09-27-2008, 12:21 PM
69mm for the syn gut frame. and 68.4 for the poly.

MagPro
09-27-2008, 12:22 PM
I think it was strung by some high school kid at a local store. Very good store from my experiences.

Mansewerz
09-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Do you mean cm?

1 in=2.54 cm

If i'm doing the math correctly, .6 cm=.23 in

At most I believe allowed would be (again if math is correct) .254 cm

rich s
09-27-2008, 12:59 PM
In the O/S Head Radical family you can expect some distortion of the hoop when stringing.... they are very flexible......the worst that I experienced was the Ti Rad O/S.

My opinion is that if the racquet length is decreasing more than 1/4" after the racquet is strung that is excessive.

thomas martinez
09-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Yup, pretty much any Head 600, 660, 630 and 690 frame tend to have a bit of distortion with stringing. It's even worse when you use a dual tension, where you string the crosses lower then the mains. It's just how they are. Even the new MicroGel frames seem to have this as well.

MagPro
09-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Do you mean cm?

1 in=2.54 cm

If i'm doing the math correctly, .6 cm=.23 in

At most I believe allowed would be (again if math is correct) .254 cm

Oh yeah thats what I meant. So is it inside the normal limit?