PDA

View Full Version : I'd apreciate if anyone helps.

teppeiahn1
09-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Right now I am filled with questions and thoughts in my brain. It would help if someone can help me.

So 1st question is, are all D1 teams considered top in the nation education wise? Like for football, usc, washington, ect are very expensive college and if you go there, you are garanteed to suceed in life.

2nd question is, if I go to a D1 or D2 college, would I gain education? Or would I be traveling all the time if im in the team?

3rd Do people scout players for college? If so, does being in the weak highschool team matter since they never make it to the playoffs?

10isDad
09-27-2008, 03:25 PM
1. No, not all D1 teams are "top in the nation education wise". Also, there are no guarantees in life.

2. Valid question. It's something I would recommend asking the coaches of the school you're interested in, if you get a chance. Ask if they provide tutoring/mentoring, etc.

3. Yes, colleges scout for players, but rarely would they scout high school tennis. Scouting is generally done at national-level USTA events.

Please note: it's "etc." not "ect", "guaranteed" not garanteed" and "succeed" not "suceed", "I'm" not "im", "high school" is two words, etc. Hopefully you just typed it in a hurry. If not, "top in the nation education wise" shouldn't really matter.

Bash and Crash
09-27-2008, 05:14 PM
good stuff, now not all D1 schools are the highest in eduaction but do have their "name." You will probably spend less time in the classroom at a D1, then D2 or D3, and just like previous post, most coaches scout at big tourneys and will also show interest based on your sectional and national rankings. You can get a great eduaction and have great time at a smaller D1 school, and also at top notch D2 and even D3 schools, one of the best D3 schools is near me and they have some great players come out of their and have won several national championships.