PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Big Banger popped today =(

Snuh
09-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I thought these things were suppose to last, lose tension, but last? I just broke mine today after 3 months of having it. Whats up with that? The only stringer in town charges $40 to string it with that too. Very sad right now :cry:

[ GTR ]
09-27-2008, 04:55 PM
3 months is ages....It was dead after the first week I'm betting.

StJamm
09-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Without wishing to sound too flippant, 3 months is a hell of a long life-span for a string..you really have gotten your moneys' worth. $40 for 3 months of tennis is an absolute bargain. You should be happy! =]

protege
09-27-2008, 05:03 PM
+1 to the comments above. At $40, I think you should buy your own stringing machine. If you break strings at this rate, you'll break even in less than a year.

Heck, you could give this guy some competition by accepting string jobs too. You'll get your money back faster as well ;)

Snuh
09-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Actually after I broke the string, one of my friends, asked if I wanted to split the cost of a machine with him and someone else. I told him maybe. Im debating it because its a couple hundred for a low end machine and $200+ for the Luxilon reel. On one hand its seems like a big chunk of change but on the other hand Ive already spent hundred on string jobs this year :cry:

supertrex
09-27-2008, 05:24 PM
dude thats a Rip off $40 for that string really. get ur own stringing machine. $130 it will pay for itself.

Daycrawler
09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I thought these things were suppose to last, lose tension, but last? I just broke mine today after 3 months of having it. Whats up with that? The only stringer in town charges $40 to string it with that too. Very sad right now :cry:

Damn dude. That's a long time. I break big banger in 3-7 hours of hitting. So thats not bad at all. And i bet it was dead within a week or two like the person above said. Be happy it lasted so long.

Snuh
09-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Damn dude. That's a long time. I break big banger in 3-7 hours of hitting. So thats not bad at all. And i bet it was dead within a week or two like the person above said. Be happy it lasted so long.

Yeah it felt dead after Id say the first week. But I still played with it cause I thought I could save some money.

Snuh
09-27-2008, 05:47 PM
dude thats a Rip off $40 for that string really. get ur own stringing machine. $130 it will pay for itself.

Yeah thats what I think too. But he pretty much has a monopoly around here so he charges whatever he wants for the service fee. :cry:

Daycrawler
09-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah thats what I think too. But he pretty much has a monopoly around here so he charges whatever he wants for the service fee. :cry:
No, that's how much the places around me charge. Prince Syn. Gut Strung is $26. It's so ridick.