PDA

View Full Version : I want to string a one piece racquet with a 2 piece pattern, help?

Mansewerz
09-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I want to restring my fischer pro number one. It's typically a one piece. Now I'm guessing that:

-For main tie offs, I just tie off what would be the long side at the same corresponding hole as the short side
-Proceed with the crosses.

Now, where do I tie off the top cross?

Nickb, I'm counting on you! LOL, you're the resident expert here.

jim e
09-27-2008, 06:27 PM
I want to restring my fischer pro number one. It's typically a one piece. Now I'm guessing that:

-For main tie offs, I just tie off what would be the long side at the same corresponding hole as the short side
-Proceed with the crosses.

Now, where do I tie off the top cross?

Nickb, I'm counting on you! LOL, you're the resident expert here.

Since the start of cross is at 8H, I would enlarge the grommet at 7H and use that as the tie off.You would have least amount of string on the outside of head of racquet.
Also since the last cross tie off is at 7T for 1 piece , it would look symmetrical to tie the starting cross off at 7H

Mansewerz
09-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Since the start of cross is at 8H, I would enlarge the grommet at 7H and use that as the tie off.

What do you know, that hole is already enlarged. Thanks for the help.

09-28-2008, 01:47 AM
Look on here:http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=TFIS

There should be 4 tie off holes on the racket. The mains will tie off at the same grommet on both sides. Example: both mains tie off at 6H or whatever. Just look at the link above and see what grommet your mains should be tied off at.

Then just use the other 2 tie off holes for your crosses

nickb
09-28-2008, 02:03 AM
The Fischers are really easy to string because the tie off holes are really big...anyway you know now.

Nick