PDA

View Full Version : Which of these 3 poly's would be best for me?

robmachado23
09-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone. I am about to order some string from tennis warehouse, and I thought I would ask to see which of these is the best:

All are in 18 gauge
Tecnifibre Pro Red Code
Babolot Pro Hurricane
Wilson Enduro Tour
&
Iso-speed Baseline Spin(17 I think?)

If relevant, I am somewhere between a 4.0 and 4.5. I am mostly an agressive all courter, but mostly using groundstrokes. As far as string breaking, I have never really used poly to much, but I am looking something to hybrid with Gosen Micro or Tecnifibre Syn. Gut. I break the Tec. syn. gut in about 6 hours. Thanks for anyhelp

Infl8edEg0
09-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Tecnifibre Pro Red Code
Babolot Pro Hurricane
Wilson Enduro Tour
&
Iso-speed Baseline Spin(17 I think?)

My favorite of the bunch personally would be the Iso-speed Baseline Spin, because of it's playability, it's color, and it's price.

Next in line would be Red Code, but it's a little stiff/harsh for my taste,

then Pro Hurricane which initially hits fairly well after the break-in, but then the tension drops like mad

and then the Enduro, which is really stiff. Helps a lot with control/spin I'd say, except volleys on this thing is horrible. No feel. It also dropped tension quickly, imo.

Could you write what you're looking for? Like a softer poly, or stiff, power or no power, etc It would help find a poly you're looking for

robmachado23
09-28-2008, 05:44 AM
Well i think that I would like a poly thats pretty crisp, but not so stiff. I use a kblade tour, so something with medium power. Thanks for any help :)

09-28-2008, 05:52 AM
Pro Supex Big Ace 18!!
Very soft. Can hybrid it but its soft enough to use as full job

Infl8edEg0
09-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Well i think that I would like a poly thats pretty crisp, but not so stiff. I use a kblade tour, so something with medium power. Thanks for any help :)

O. I use a KBT as well. My personal favorite setup is Leopard Plus Control 17 hybrid w/ Isospeed Control 16. I'd say go with Big Ace...that's probably a string you'll like. For some reason, I just like the leopard better, but everyone else I know loves Big Ace. Like the guy ^^^ said, it's soft and crisp. I prefer hybrids, so you might want to go for a soft cross.

brucie
09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
I swear by Pro Redcode being the best on the market, although i am not using it at the moment as i havent sourced any for the right price yet after my last reel ended.

brucie
09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
thought id add. Pros Pro vendretta is nice as is topspin cyberflash, or poly polar there the main 3 i use atm. Aint tried my signum stuff yet, and yes moneys tight lol

ag200boy
09-29-2008, 02:50 PM
i would try big ace micro, very soft and crisp!

use it in a full job though, idk how it would work in a hybrid, maybe too soft for my tastes...