PDA

View Full Version : How long does your string last????

Bigs
09-28-2008, 03:36 AM
I've noticed that most people refer to number of hours before their strings break or need to be cut out. As I am currently working through several different types of strings in order to dial my game in, I wanted to make sure that I am correctly keeping track of this. My concern is that during different hitting sessions, the ball on my strings varies. This is what I have so far:

Hitting on wall: constant
Ball machine: constant
Private lesson: constant
Singles match: a little less per hour due to change overs etc...
Group lessons: (usually 4 in a class) so divide by 4.
Doubles match: a little less than group lessons

My question is are there certain guides / rules to make sure that I am correctly counting how many hours my strings last? I noticed on this forum that the same string lasts some people 1 hr. and others 18 hrs. I know that playing styles have a lot to do with this. I want to make sure that I don't count my 2 hr. doubles match as the same as a 2 hr. ball machine sessions.

Matty G
09-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Dont worry about all the facts. Just play with the strings till you feel that the amount of tension they have lost is bringing YOUR preformane down. Alot of people on this board cant play and are always looking for an excuse . Just put in the hard work in improving and then worry about strings .