PDA

View Full Version : warning do not use kirschbaum super smash spiky

feyya
09-28-2008, 06:22 PM
please do not under any circumstances use this string. i had it in a hybrid with nat. gut, and i had to pull out of my singles semi and doubles final matches. absolute harshest string on the planet. i will now be out of tennis for one month as a 15 year old, :(.

samster
09-28-2008, 06:24 PM
tennis elbow?

Tofuspeedstar
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Hmm..I was planning on trying this..

bluescreen
09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
u injured yourself that much in one day? there is definately something else going on there. no way a hybrid like that (with nat. gut no less) would cause that much pain.

Ljubicic for number1
09-28-2008, 07:20 PM
u injured yourself that much in one day? there is definately something else going on there. no way a hybrid like that (with nat. gut no less) would cause that much pain.

Yeah many people use this in a full bed without injury, sorry to hear about the injury but there is more to it than simply the spiky mains. Bad mis hit? or just the luck of the draw picking up a general injury.

iplaybetter
09-28-2008, 07:22 PM
interesting, cause i use the normal as a full job for a while, and my arms fine, and i often use un-overgriped leather

Rysty
09-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Don't know about TE, but the reason I don't use Spiky, after once trying it, is its bad feel. Feels somehow "plasticky", IMO not like a modern poly should feel.

nickb
09-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Not a good string choice for the Ksix-one tour....

Cup8489
09-28-2008, 11:18 PM
wait, you have Natural Gut crosses and you're out for how long? a month?

i've never heard such things come from normal play. perhaps there were other factors? i've played with the terrible 16 kevlar in pro blend on an 18x20 with a leather grip and had no trouble with arm pain, and you have natural gut crosses!

i agree, bad choice for a ksix-one.

feyya
09-29-2008, 03:01 AM
i can use full kevlar or big banger with no reprocussions, i just thought i'd give out a warning

Cup8489
09-29-2008, 05:20 AM
i can use full kevlar or big banger with no reprocussions, i just thought i'd give out a warning

i'm really not sure how super smash spikey hurt your arm then. and i doubt you can use full kevlar. in fact, ill give you 20 bucks if you play a 2/3 set match against me with one of your ksix ones strung with full kevlar.

feyya
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
i'm really not sure how super smash spikey hurt your arm then. and i doubt you can use full kevlar. in fact, ill give you 20 bucks if you play a 2/3 set match against me with one of your ksix ones strung with full kevlar.
im sorry but why post this?

YULitle
09-29-2008, 01:18 PM
"Don't try this string! I hated it, and I'm certain that all of you have the same tastes and hit the same way, so I know you shouldn't try this!"

:rolleyes:

Just because someone thinks that peanut butter on pancakes is disgusting, isn't going to stop me from enjoying it in the morning.

Try it for yourself.

nyc
09-29-2008, 01:43 PM
The big lesson here is NEVER try a new setup during a tourney.

goober
09-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Well I have some 17g supersmash spiky on my mains as part of a hybrid. I have had a history of tennis elbow in the past. I have never had any elbow problems with it. In fact I liked it so much I bought a reel. I always have at least one racquet strung with it. :)

feyya
09-29-2008, 03:39 PM
"Don't try this string! I hated it, and I'm certain that all of you have the same tastes and hit the same way, so I know you shouldn't try this!"

:rolleyes:

Just because someone thinks that peanut butter on pancakes is disgusting, isn't going to stop me from enjoying it in the morning.

Try it for yourself.

i like peanut butter on pancakes :-?:):???: