PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! I need new strings

JakeHCoker
09-28-2008, 07:17 PM
I love to play tennis, unfortuently I'm behind on all the new tennis stuff. I got a new raquet not long ago, and already I've got problems. Heres how it went. I was in a match against these power players in doubles. My partner had the net covered, but unfortuently let an extremely powerfull ball by. I now have a ball sized hole in my strings. Plus its not helping that my replacement raquet has string burn. But becaue of my lack of stringing knowledge, I have no idea which strings to buy. Any help???

logansc
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Do you know what you had in the racquet before?

iplaybetter
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
we need a lot more to be educated, but Prince synthetic gut w duraflex 16g at mid tension, would by my blind sugestion

DaKinG
09-29-2008, 03:17 PM
What's the racket you're using?
Tension?
Any other info.?

Could always ask people in pro shop.
They'll know.

JakeHCoker
09-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Well see the problem is no one ever told me the types of strings they were, but they seam low grade. I'm just hoping for some good raquet strings. I have the Prince Triple Threat Beast, and I'm pretty sure my tension is in the 50/60 group (based of tags description). But I'm hoping for a better string that won't wear so easily. The synthetic guts sound good, do you know how much they cost? Just on average?

DaKinG
09-29-2008, 07:05 PM
SG is pretty cheap.

Lots of brands have them from around 3-7 bucks.

Strings like the one iplaybetter mentioned are good.

JakeHCoker
09-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Okay thanks. I'm not too concerned with the cost, but I didn't know if they were like new raquets or somthing crazy like that. I'm trying to search some of them online, but appriciate the feedback.