PDA

View Full Version : Stringing with Luxilon ALU BB

NadalFan1990
09-29-2008, 07:34 PM
I was at my club, watching a pro string a racket with a full ALU string job and he told me that it was hard to string due to its stiffness and it was tough on his hands. Can anyone attest to this???
I was planning on getting a set or two for the next time I need to string my own rackets.
I have heard that the ALU strings are good for power but I have never heard about the response people have gotten with spin or if it is soft on the arms when hitting...

2ndserveace
09-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Great spin and not soft on the arm.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
09-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I was at my club, watching a pro string a racket with a full ALU string job and he told me that it was hard to string due to its stiffness and it was tough on his hands. Can anyone attest to this???

its definitely a bigger pain to string than a syn gut its not like its that hard to string but it is tougher on the fingers

Jagka9
09-29-2008, 07:55 PM
yea it is really tough to string full luxilon, but i ussually but a softer string in the crosses to soften the string bed so that makes it easier to string the crosses. i think it seems that you get more power because you get soooo much more spin from the strings that you feel like you can take a bigger cut at the ball and still keep it in, thus more power.

tennisfreak15347
09-29-2008, 08:27 PM
luxilon is anything but soft and full of power... It is stiff with low feeling and low powered, but it is very good if you have good swing speed. I can confirm this, as I've just strung two racquets with a full set of SPPP and a full set of pro redcode, and it hurt my hands.

topspin
09-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Stringing alu or other co-polys is a bit more of a pain for sure. If you only do your racquets then it's fine. But I don't envy those who string for a living. The mains are fine, but the crosses are hard on the fingers. It takes more effort to weave. That's why my new policy when stringing for friends is that I will only do it if they select a soft synthetic for the crosses.

NadalFan1990
09-30-2008, 06:06 AM
yea, when I first started stringing, I strung my racket with the old pro hurricane and my fingers were hurting like hell afterwards. I wasn't sure if it was cuz it was one of my first string jobs or cuz the pro hurricane was fairly stiff.