PDA

View Full Version : Slazenger X-2 - The horror!

netman
03-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Take a great racquet, the Slaz PBH, lop off 1 oz. and make it even balanced. Stir in equal portions of Babolat PD and Prince Bandit envy. Paint it "High Plains Drifter" red and black. What do you get? The Slazenger X-2.

Is there no shame?

Ken

roundiesee
03-29-2004, 09:37 PM
I've demoed the new Pro X1 and it's really not a bad stick at all. Can't really comment on the X2 though. I think if you play with the old Tim Henman PB you should definitely go with the X1 and not the X2.

netman
03-30-2004, 03:48 AM
Glad to hear the X-1 is worth trying. As much as I like the PBH, I've been thinking about trying it because of the thinner frame. I used the Dunlop Select Pro for a number of years. It also had a 20mm beam and is a great frame, sort of a slightly more powerful, cushioned POG. Still hit with it occasionally. But it is heavy, weighing in at 12.5 oz. strung. Gets harder and harder to get moving as the years go by.

Where did you get your demo? No one around me seems to carry Slazenger anymore.

Thanks
Ken

roundiesee
03-30-2004, 07:38 AM
From a local sports store where I live. Not sure whether it's available in the States though. I gather Slazenger rackets aren't too popular there. Anyway, the Pro X1 is a good stick but rather on the heavy side. Solid and stable though. Hope you'll gert a chance to demo, though TW has been promising forever to get this racket (see their previous posts).

netman
03-30-2004, 07:42 AM
TW does have it listed on the site now. I guess I can demo through them.

It is heavier than expected. Its pushing into the same range as the Dunlop Select Pro. I wonder why there is such a gap in weight between the X-1 and X-2?

Thanks again.
Ken