PDA

View Full Version : pro supex big ace | spiral flex

kpxbounce
09-30-2008, 03:07 PM
so what do you think about these two strings. not necessarily together.

i keep hearing good things about big ace, so i thought i'd try it out.

and i also hear spiral flex is a good syn gut, good replacement for psgd.

is it better than psgd or equal?

so how about the hybrid with big ace and spiral flex?

i'll probably just experiment with it on full bed and hybrid.

question: what is a good tension for big ace?

tennisfreak15347
09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
just wondering, where do you get spiral flex? the depot site?

kpxbounce
09-30-2008, 03:42 PM
yes, sir right on the money.

picked up the limited edition black.

PROTENNIS63
09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Both are great strings offered at lower prices compared to the major string brands. Spiral Flex is good> only you can decide if it is better than PSGD as everyone has their own opinion. It is definitely a cheaper alternative and the price/peformance ratio is better.

A hybrid sounds good. I think a few people here tried it. Big Ace is a soft co-poly and is more powerful than others. Spiral Flex is considered a crisp syn. gut so they should match quite good. Another popular cross on these boards is the Syn. Gut Titan which is softer than Spiral Flex.

ag200boy
09-30-2008, 05:33 PM
as for tension of big ace, it all depends on personal preference, i would maybe take ~3 lbs off of your syn gut tension

ex. i string psgd at 70 on my racquet and i string big ace at 68/66, as i prefer a stiffer stringbed

kpxbounce
09-30-2008, 10:06 PM
wow that is at high tension. well usually im use to pro hurricane tour at 58 on my apdc.

so i was thinking i'll try a full bed of the big ace at 58. unless of course yall recommend me to try it at a different tension. i keep hearing certain strings will perform better at a certain tension.

i guess that's what i was getting at. what tension does big ace really start to shine?

Toxicmilk
09-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I string big ace at around 58 and I love it.

Blade0324
10-02-2008, 08:58 AM
I personally did not like big ace in a full set or hybrid. Power seemed too high and not very controllable for me. I do however like Sprial Flex a great deal as a cross for Pro Red Code. I string my crosses 2lb. higher than my mains just as an FYI.

Stannie
10-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Spiral Flex, IMO, is pretty soft. If you like the poly / syn gut hybrid, Big Ace and SF would probably be a pretty decent blend. (Currently I use SF for customers. Maybe I should try blending Blue Gear with my LE SF...)

wao
10-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Spiral Flex, IMO, is pretty soft. If you like the poly / syn gut hybrid, Big Ace and SF would probably be a pretty decent blend. (Currently I use SF for customers. Maybe I should try blending Blue Gear with my LE SF...)
I blend BG with Max Touch and it works for me.

smirker
10-02-2008, 04:02 PM
so what do you think about these two strings. not necessarily together.

i keep hearing good things about big ace, so i thought i'd try it out.

and i also hear spiral flex is a good syn gut, good replacement for psgd.

is it better than psgd or equal?

so how about the hybrid with big ace and spiral flex?

i'll probably just experiment with it on full bed and hybrid.

question: what is a good tension for big ace?

Have a look at the Prosupex thread that runs to a 1000 plus posts. All the info you could ever want on Supex strings. Enjoy!

lefty001
10-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I hybrid BA with Spiral Flex and it plays very nice.
I also save some money doing a hybrid job rather than getting a full bed of BA.

Stannie
10-03-2008, 07:45 AM
I blend BG with Max Touch and it works for me.

Same here!