PDA

View Full Version : Is this too obsessive/OCD?

inspired_tennis
09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Ok so after doing a search, i've seen quite a few threads asking if you have a particular brand of racquet, should you get the same brand of tennis bag, i.e. Babolat racquets with a Babolat bag. So i thought i'd take it a step further...

I guess for those that do have the same brand racquet and bag, do you also match up color wise? So for example, for those that have the Pure Drive, do you get the Babolat New Team since it matches the color of the Pure Drive? And if you have the AeroPro Drive racquets do you use the AeroPro bag since it matches the color perfectly? Are their any people that have the Pure Drive with the AeroPro bag, despite the colors not matching at all but it's still loyal to Babolat?

I thought this would be interesting.... Hopefully i'll get some replies

Cup8489
09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
well i traded my green prince bag to a friend for an orange one so that it would look better with my 03 tours, i dont consider that OCD, just not wanting a green back with orange and black racquets.

who would?

phucng_10
09-30-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm not so much like that. I have a Dunlop bag and I'm playing with a Fischer. As long as I have a bag to carry all my tennis equipments in, I'll be fine. :)

VGP
09-30-2008, 03:53 PM
I brand match my rackets and bags.

Since I use the PS85, it's been hard to color match except for black. I use orange grip and I suppose I could get the new KFactor orange bags.

I like to use strings and overgrips, even vibration dampeners, that complement the color scheme of the frame......

PBODY99
09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
As the Isley brothers said," It's Your thing...." I pick my bag by what fits best.

brownbearfalling
09-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Well with the Kblades, it is pretty awesome. I expect people walking around with the black and gold wilson bags to play with the kblade.

The only way it gets obsessive is when you start going over your budget to buy these matching things. If you switch racquets and your bag isn't too far off and it isn't necessary to get a new bag but you spend $70+ to get a new bag.....that might be obsessive.
________
Big dick tight (http://www.****tube.com/categories/267/tight/videos/1)

DaKinG
09-30-2008, 05:32 PM
^ I agree.

Matching equipment and apparel with brand is alright if you don't go out of the way and out of your budget to get it.

I know some people that match not only by brand, but by color, spending lots of money on, lets say blue shoes to go with their blue racket. And the shoes are overpriced and don't even suit him etc. That's ocd.

roc17355
09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't go as far as matching say shoes to racquet or clothes to bag but I do match bag to racquet and appearal to shoes. I can't stand to wear nike shorts or a top with addidas shoes or vice versa. I know it doesn't matter but I just feel weird when I do it. I compensate by buying clothes by manufacturers that dont make shoes, so lets say right now I'm wearing Barricades so I either wear Adidas clothes or something like Under Armour or Sergio T. I know it doesn't affect the way I play but it's just my thing. I also have to put my left shoe on first, always. Haha.

inspired_tennis
10-01-2008, 12:42 AM
I concur with roc! I'm a huge fan of the Nike apparel and yesterday i actually purchased the Vapor V's. It was b/t those and the Cage II's of course. I decided to go with the Vapors b/c they felt the most comfortable. Anyway prior to that i was playing in some New Balances. And i have to admit the shoe was HORRIBLE!!! I had to wear like 2 pairs of socks and more importantly, i had on Nike apparel with New Balance shoes. So i said i definitely needed to get a pair of good Nike shoes so i bought the black Vapors

b0oMeR
10-05-2008, 07:07 AM
It all depends on your budget. If you make 3000 a year and you spend 1000 on tennis, yes that obsessive. If you make 3 million a year and you spend 1000 on tennis, people at the country club would think your the cheapest person in the world :P

diredesire
10-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm not so much like that. I have a Dunlop bag and I'm playing with a Fischer. As long as I have a bag to carry all my tennis equipments in, I'll be fine. :)

I guess I'm your complement, I play with a Dunlop and I have a Fischer bag ;P

phucng_10
10-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I guess I'm your complement, I play with a Dunlop and I have a Fischer bag ;P

LOL! Darn you dd! :twisted:

The new Fischer bags are a bit overpriced... so I'll probably get the Black/White/Grey ($40) Dunlop bag or the Black/Blue/White ($30) Dunlop bag. Either one will do it's job. Then again, they're $10 apart just for the Thermo protection...