PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Cosmic Dampener

DaKinG
09-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Has anyone gotten or tried this dampener?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-BABCOSMICO.html

I think I'm going to get it for my LM Radical MP just cause it looks nice.

But wondering if there were any comments on it's performance or whatever.

phucng_10
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Looks like it's just another vibration dampener. You might as well get some #64 rubberbands and use those instead...

Ross K
09-30-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm the man you want to talk to!...

Having recently removed my rubber bands from some of my Babs and put on these kind of cool looking Cosmic Dampener thingies, I can confirm to you that the quality is purely in the look... in other words, they are crap.

If for no other reason other than they stay lodged in place, don't fall out, and cause you to stop in mid-game to attempt to put the damn dampener back in (I say 'attempt' because of course, embarrasssingly, sometimes this can take a little while), I'm definitely returning to the rubber bands.

R.

DaKinG
10-01-2008, 04:58 AM
Haha.

Alright thanks for the input guys.

I shall reconsider my decision.

mawashi
10-01-2008, 06:37 AM
I'm the man you want to talk to!...

Having recently removed my rubber bands from some of my Babs and put on these kind of cool looking Cosmic Dampener thingies, I can confirm to you that the quality is purely in the look... in other words, they are crap.

If for no other reason other than they stay lodged in place, don't fall out, and cause you to stop in mid-game to attempt to put the damn dampener back in (I say 'attempt' because of course, embarrasssingly, sometimes this can take a little while), I'm definitely returning to the rubber bands.

R.

Is that why you wanted to give it to me??? LOL!

I won't even use anything else other than bands cus they are the only darn things that stay on no matter what.

Cheers,

mawashi
________
Cbr1000rr (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CBR1000RR)

ag200boy
10-04-2008, 02:46 PM
hahah ross, ill take them :roll:

ogruskie
10-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I had two, lost both. They take away all the feel, I hate it. I now play damp-less, and its awesome.