PDA

View Full Version : Triceps

mozzer
10-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Hey, got a new racket recently and its quite a bit heavier than my old one. After serving with it for the first time, my tricep was a bit sore. Any exercises to work the triceps?

Cheers

wao
10-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey, got a new racket recently and its quite a bit heavier than my old one. After serving with it for the first time, my tricep was a bit sore. Any exercises to work the triceps?

CheersThere are specific Tricep excersizes. Bench dips, Tricep extensions. Do a search on a fitness site to see what is out there that fits your needs. I personally would look into a total body routine.

topspin92
10-01-2008, 06:59 PM
I am currently just doing pushups, sit ups, curls, and squats every night to help with my newer, heavier racquet and it is paying major dividends. The beautiful thing is that you can do it from home, all you need is a dumbell set. Plus, couple this with running and you will see some major definition, and it will improve your on court endurance.

Hot Sauce
10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Push-ups help the triceps. The closer your hands are together, the more it works them.

coachdavidh
10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Here are a ton for the arms:

XL Athlete Arm Exercise Videos (http://www.xlathlete.com/browse_admin.jsp?browse_kind=2&sport_id=0&group_id=12)