PDA

View Full Version : Check out ... This Vintage Wilson ProStaff 6.0

TuTu
03-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Scaring looking racquet .... :shock:

http://cgi.*********/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3668841446&category=62 203

roundiesee
03-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Fantastic looking racket. Would really make a great collector's item. Can't imagine playing with such an enormous head though.

jayserinos99
03-29-2004, 09:40 PM
what's up with the throat?

30 - 15 is my ad
03-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Wilson marketing gimmick - I bet they advertised it as 'ultimate blend of control and power'...

Deuce
03-29-2004, 11:14 PM
No, no, no... it's the 'ultimate blend of power and control'...

jayserinos99
03-29-2004, 11:15 PM
i wonder what the reserve is...

kooyah
03-29-2004, 11:30 PM
what's up with the throat?

Those extra bars are probably there to support the huge head.

patliontennis
03-29-2004, 11:42 PM
what does the saint vincents version mean?

jayserinos99
03-29-2004, 11:44 PM
racquet was made in the st. vincent islands; the same place where pete sampras' racquets were made.

Tenny
03-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi all

I've read somewhere (wilson webpage?) it (125 si) was THE original product of prostaff 6.0 to my surprise. But I never encountered it so far. Thanks for sharing it!

Tenny

HT
03-30-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi,
Iím a tennis player and a fan like you, looking for these rare rackets. The **** seller Kentonjames, is a professional buyer/seller. If you bid at high prices for these rare racket, youíll just influence him to search for good deals and out bid us ****er for the same racket. If you donít believe me, search for this past item number 3664589089. He actually paid a mere $20 for the Jack Kramer Pro Staff racket. But heíll describe how rare it is and will sell it for maybe $150-300. He just posted another rare Pro Staff mid size with a BUY NOW price of $300(only $81 from eirene). Donít promote his business; stop bidding for his outrageous racket. Be patient and good deal will come. If we stop promoting his business, heíll stop outbidding us for the same racket at a good deal price. This way we will end up with the good deal and self-satisfaction. Spread the word! Read their feedback for past items they themselves purchased and you will see that they purchased for a much cheaper price rackets. DONíT BUY FROM THEM! Keep **** a clean and fair to find deals.

Thanks,
HT

Steve Huff
03-31-2004, 03:56 AM
I also have one of these rackets. It was my wife's first graphite. It is not that stiff, and quite frankly, her Prince Magnesium Pro 125 played better. The "art work" under the throat bridge is reinforcement to handle the up to 78 or 80 pounds of recommended tension. Like all early graphites, the upper hoop is pretty flexible, so the sweetspot is in the lower half of the rackets face. It's a nice looking racket though, with a full length cover, etc (rare back then). It didn't stay around long.

dje31
03-31-2004, 06:24 AM
Well, I've bought a vintage racquet from Kenton James on **** before, and it was a fair price. I have no beef with him, or the free market. If you'll recall, this was a big deal on here in the old forum, with folks flipping Adidas Lendl racquets from TW to ****. Whatever the market will bear...

There's another character I bought from on ****...one of my only bad experiences there to date. The guy was REALLY generous in his assessment/quality ratings. When I got it, It looked like a lump of turd. He's changed his username at least twice since then, but uses the same style, pictures, descriptions. I wouldn't buy from him again.

Ronaldo
03-31-2004, 08:57 AM
A local player used this racquet to return serves, the 110 to serve back about 20 yrs ago. Met him 2 yrs ago and he was still using this combo for dubs. Deja Vu, all over again.

racquet collector
01-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi,
Iím a tennis player and a fan like you, looking for these rare rackets. The **** seller Kentonjames, is a professional buyer/seller. If you bid at high prices for these rare racket, youíll just influence him to search for good deals and out bid us ****er for the same racket. If you donít believe me, search for this past item number 3664589089. He actually paid a mere $20 for the Jack Kramer Pro Staff racket. But heíll describe how rare it is and will sell it for maybe $150-300. He just posted another rare Pro Staff mid size with a BUY NOW price of $300(only $81 from eirene). Donít promote his business; stop bidding for his outrageous racket. Be patient and good deal will come. If we stop promoting his business, heíll stop outbidding us for the same racket at a good deal price. This way we will end up with the good deal and self-satisfaction. Spread the word! Read their feedback for past items they themselves purchased and you will see that they purchased for a much cheaper price rackets. DONíT BUY FROM THEM! Keep **** a clean and fair to find deals.

Thanks,
HT

WHY DIS ON THE GUY, IT'S WHAT MADE AMERICA STRONG.
NOBODY'S PUTTING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD? WHAT ABOUT W@@DTENNIS(J@E) OR TENNIS MEN@CE (H@WARD) YOU GOING TO RAG ON THEM TOO! IDIOT, IT'S WHAT AMERICA STRONG!

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE
WHAT ARE YOU FROM EUROPE OR A BOLSHEVIK OR COMMUNIST OR SOMETHING?

lilxjohnyy
01-29-2008, 08:30 PM
^^ this thread is so old

SFrazeur
01-29-2008, 08:44 PM
WHY DIS ON THE GUY, IT'S WHAT MADE AMERICA STRONG.
NOBODY'S PUTTING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD? WHAT ABOUT W@@DTENNIS(J@E) OR TENNIS MEN@CE (H@WARD) YOU GOING TO RAG ON THEM TOO! IDIOT, IT'S WHAT AMERICA STRONG!

WHAT ARE YOU FROM EUROPE OR A BOLSHEVIK OR COMMUNIST OR SOMETHING?

Here is a short guide for you as you are new (or in your case haven't been around much):

If creating a new thread:

*There are a few different sub sections to the fourms- please make sure to post your question in the right one.
*Please try to make your thread topic as specific as possible.
*Use the search function before posting a thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/search.php

General posting:

*When posting a question, try to go into as much detail as possible.
*Do not use l00K @ M3 - we do not think you're cool, and you'll most likely be mocked rather than helped.

Finally, familiarize your self with the TW Forum Polices – Do you know if you are allowed to post competitor links? Don’t know? Then be sure to read it.

Newbies are always welcome and we hope you enjoy it in the Tennis Talk community!

TW Forum Policies: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=3#post3

-SF

Janne
02-10-2008, 07:43 AM

I laughed, for sure. ;)

On topic, though: that's a pretty cool looking racquet. I wonder how it plays.