PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder pain popping sound...

Mystery123
10-02-2008, 08:13 AM
I just play recreationally and have no formal training.
Last weekend I played for around 2.5 hours with a lot of fast serves.
After two days, my bicep area on right hand became sore and hurt badly when pressed. I can still play but can't lift my hand over my head to serve.
Also when I carried a heavy bag, I noticed small pop in the right shoulder.
Left arm also hurts little bit.

What am I doing wrong? Bad serve position? Bad leg position?

The racquet is Babolat drive z os with 4 3/4 grip @ 55lbs.
The racquet feels good and easy to hit with.

The pain is greatly reduced now but I can still feel it little bit.
Thank you for any information.

princemidplus
10-02-2008, 11:49 PM
probably too much fast serving without warming up properly.

the biceps muscle needs to lengthen eccentrically very quickly on a serve - the faster the serve the faster it needs to lengthen. if it cannot lengthen fast enough then it can get strained or in extreme cases torn. The biceps tendons go up into the shoulder region and this may have been the cause of the pop you heard.

take anti inflammatories do some stretches for your biceps (sorry, very difficult to explain without demonstration) and do some slow serve action movements to keep the biceps moving to prevent stiffening up. Have a good warm up with a lot of slower serves before playing again.

Mystery123
10-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks princemidplus.
I'll be careful to play after warming up only.

princemidplus
10-05-2008, 11:17 AM
no problem.hope you able to stay injury free.remember that if you stretch don't do static stretches.rather warm up properly and do dynamic stretches. if you do static ones then do them after you play or at home 60min before you play

Mystery123
10-07-2008, 12:10 PM
thanks for reply.
I'll do some research in static/dynamic exercises as I've no idea what are those.

I talked to one of my doctor friend and he said I may have tendanitis and it'll take few days to weeks for it to heal.
:(