PDA

View Full Version : Hate to ask but...

takl23
10-02-2008, 10:42 AM
I switched rackets to the Rquis 1 Tour and want to start with a non-poly string. Who has some advice for moi? Thanks!

Tim

Stannie
10-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Switching from a Babolat to a Yonex RQiS is quite significant (in racquet difference that is). If anything, try using just a regular synthetic gut, then work your way up...
What made you want to move away from the poly?

ClayisFun
10-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Try yonex' 850 pro. It is, in my opinion, a very nice multi that was quite playable and had better resistance to movement than most. Plus, its not that expensive.

takl23
10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Switching from a Babolat to a Yonex RQiS is quite significant (in racquet difference that is). If anything, try using just a regular synthetic gut, then work your way up...
What made you want to move away from the poly?

I haven't played in about six months due to my cycling schedule, and I've felt some tenderness in my arm. The Yonex isn't as stiff as my babolat, and I can generate enough power on my own. Great question though!

Cheers,

Tim

takl23
10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Try yonex' 850 pro. It is, in my opinion, a very nice multi that was quite playable and had better resistance to movement than most. Plus, its not that expensive.

How long do you find it lasts? I'm not much of a string breaker, but I've also improved quite a bit and been using poly obviously so I don't know if I've become one :).

I should add, I'm open to all suggestions!!

Cheers,

Tim

Matty G
10-02-2008, 11:16 PM
If you not a string breaker try full gut. Its going to give you the best preformance . You could also try Technifibre NRG or x-one

D. Dokas
10-02-2008, 11:23 PM
im not a string breaker and i broke yonex 850 in 2-3 hours its a great string very soft but damn it breaks 2 quick.

for a comparison i break syn gut in 1.5 weeks. i play 2 hours a day on average