PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum spiky shark (1.25mm) (New String?

Gugafan
10-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I just got this string free!... from one of the Kirschbaum distributors in Germany.

I was wondering if anyone has played with it...there are not many reviews on this string...Its relatively new and is based on the 'super smash spiky'. I'm looking close at the strings and it has some grooves on the surface apparently an "octagonal profile" for better slice and spin...Any of you guys heard of or used this string??

BGB.CA
10-03-2008, 06:44 AM
Can't find anything on it on their website but i found 1 review on string forum: http://www.stringforum.net/ratings.php?sdnr=3421&count=1, let me know how it plays.

Cup8489
10-03-2008, 06:45 AM
agreed, you caught my attention.

write a review on it!

miniRafa386
11-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I just got this string free!... from one of the Kirschbaum distributors in Germany.

I was wondering if anyone has played with it...there are not many reviews on this string...Its relatively new and is based on the 'super smash spiky'. I'm looking close at the strings and it has some grooves on the surface apparently an "octagonal profile" for better slice and spin...Any of you guys heard of or used this string??

have you played with it yet? how was it?

brownbearfalling
11-03-2008, 01:29 AM
What'd you have to go through to get it for free??

miniRafa386
11-03-2008, 06:24 PM
bump.......

BGB.CA
11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes, please share your findings. :)

Gugafan
11-04-2008, 04:01 PM
This string has not been used yet...I was actually given the string by one of the Kirschbaum reps in Germany.

I will be stringing my Prestige with it soon, and post a review.

miniRafa386
11-05-2008, 02:50 PM
sounds good, cant wait :)

btw, i know it has the octagonal shape to it, but does it also have the 'spiky' like super smash spiky?

miniRafa386
11-09-2008, 11:55 AM
bump.......

Gugafan
12-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Ok guys, I finally got to hit with the spiky shark today in my MG Prestige MP strung at 52 lbs. The review is based on more then 4 hours of play with the poly.

Firstly, I noticed the string was quite easy to move even in my dense string pattern. Hence, I would not recommend dropping the tension by 10% as advised when using most polys.

SPIN

I was able to generate decent amounts of spin with the string. The stringbed felt very springy, and at times I was unable to control the ball. (probably due to the tension).

POWER
The spiky shark certainly had less power then the SPPP I had used previously.

FEEL

I found it to be way too 'springy' for my liking. I could hear a pinging noise even with a dampener on. However, it does feel soft on the arm.

Fedace
12-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Ok guys, I finally got to hit with the spiky shark today in my MG Prestige MP strung at 52 lbs. The review is based on more then 4 hours of play with the poly.

Firstly, I noticed the string was quite easy to move even in my dense string pattern. Hence, I would not recommend dropping the tension by 10% as advised when using most polys.

SPIN

I was able to generate decent amounts of spin with the string. The stringbed felt very springy, and at times I was unable to control the ball. (probably due to the tension).

POWER
The spiky shark certainly had less power then the SPPP I had used previously.

FEEL

I found it to be way too 'springy' for my liking. I could hear a pinging noise even with a dampener on. However, it does feel soft on the arm.

Do you think it is a better string than Proline 2 ? other spike lines in the past had tendency to wear out quickly and the spike wore off and lost tension very quickly.:confused:

takano_tezuka
12-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Ok guys, I finally got to hit

That is bad.. i was looking for a geared profiled string. i was using blue gear the strings move after 3 hit on the sweetspot... i thought the spiky shark would be better off.. but i guess not

Gugafan
12-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Do you think it is a better string than Proline 2 ? other spike lines in the past had tendency to wear out quickly and the spike wore off and lost tension very quickly.:confused:

I have never used proline 2, but spiky shark does seem to have 'loosened' up after only a few hours of play.