PDA

View Full Version : Tension Suggestion? - Full Poly to Hybrid Poly

msmith0957
10-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I was using Prince ProBlend and another Kevlar for 2 years more or less and recently began using Polyesters when I started to string up my own racquets. Thing I didn't like about ProBlend was that it just lasted too long and first time I played with my new Poly (Tecnifibre SpinFire 17) I was instantly getting more top spin and slice and overall control; the problend was just too stick to handle.

Problem I've found with using a full bed of the SpinFire was that within a week or so, I was beginning to feel the harsh effects, getting more frequent shoulder/wrist pain. Now this is no review but I did find SpinFire (although a great deal at 40 (or 50 was it?) for a reel of 660') I break them about every 5-9 days (playing hard 2-4 hours every other day)

Sooo I've decided to scrap the spinfire, grab some bab pro hurricane tour 17 (heard good things from another good player at the club) along with prince synth gut 17, and I plan on stringing up a hybrid of the two. Now the question!

I've been playing the SpinFire at about 66lbs ( no pre-stretch :/ ) on my Prince O3 Tour using a cheap Eagnas crank stringer at the club, tension goes pretty quick on the strings if you don't break them first. So when the Hurricane comes (heh), what do you think a good tension to string that up at would be, using Hurricane for mains and prince synth gut for crosses?

lawlitssoo1n
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
i did the same with 16 on my k blade tour did 65, i think 63-65 is just right, cuz for me i had to get used to new strings